X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • copyless
    Digital Video Expert
    Digital Video Expert
    • Apr 2006

Yeah, but they are GQ branded, but they were cheap and also the first ones I ever bought. The bright side is they play back perfect.

I contributed a lot to the dye factor, but also started to contemplate the firmware/burner factor. I keep Shrink at the default 4464 which will usually end with a burn somewhere in the neighborhood of 6,681,+++ kb.

Did you look at the MID for the SL GQ brand I posted. Boy was I surprised, and at $8.00 for 50, really wish I would have stocked up on those?

Comment

• Chewy
      Super Moderator
      • Nov 2003

always look for the made in japan,
      the dual layer problem may be aggrevated by firmware, if you did a bad job with verbatim DL I would suspect it.

Comment

• copyless
        Digital Video Expert
        Digital Video Expert
        • Apr 2006

Originally Posted by Chewy
        always look for the made in japan,
        That's the first thing I do when in a store. I'll be digging in the back of the shelves looking for stock that got pushed back. Some sales person will always ask if they can help, I'll usually reply nope, just reading the labels.

Comment

• dmanshead
          Consequence is a bigger word than you think, it's bigger than you or me
          • Dec 2005

Originally Posted by copyless
          Other factors that we (or I) are not inputing are being used somewhere. Because the two scans that I posted to begin this thread have: (1) PIE max of 19, PIF max of 2 with 100 total and it scored 95. (2) was like PIF max of 3 and 113 total and it scored a 93? Yours scores a 99. Due to error correction? I am lost, but there definitely are other things being put into the equation. I know I ask hard questions, but I want to learn some of this stuff, and remember like you, I also strive for technical knowledge.
          I read somewhere over at cd freaks that if you have a PIF of 2 scanning with a lite on the best score you can get is 95.

As for stores i always ask those clerks as i'm digging if they have any MIJ discs, some offer that alot of people ask for them. True That.
          If you use these forums you will not have to face that...
          Long Live Foamy!!!

My burners Nec ND 3550A, Benq DQ60, Liteon SHW P6S, 2 Sony AW_Q170A's (free with my new system) and JLMS XJ-HD S.

Comment

• mc4man
            • Jun 2006

sony 8x mij's still in walmarts

While the price isn't the greatest (23.99/50pk) walmart still has the 8x mij Sony usually in the back of shelf Get good results with benq 1640 and usually excellent burns with plextor 712a this is a typical scan from plextor (pie on high side, pif slightly low side) Setting in plextools is VariRec enabled, default
            Attached Files

Comment

• copyless
              Digital Video Expert
              Digital Video Expert
              • Apr 2006

That is a great burn! You can not expect results much better than that.

Please also post it under the Disc Quality Scan Thread at the top of this section.

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎