X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dmanshead
    Consequence is a bigger word than you think, it's bigger than you or me
    • Dec 2005

Finally (hopefully) MIJ dl discs

Was just checking up on the news in the world of optics and ran across this, http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/13504 . I think we need more MIJ Quality media available, I'll be willing to check it out when it comes around. There was talk of taiyo doing dl any news of that?
    If you use these forums you will not have to face that...
    Long Live Foamy!!!

My burners Nec ND 3550A, Benq DQ60, Liteon SHW P6S, 2 Sony AW_Q170A's (free with my new system) and JLMS XJ-HD S.
  • Chewy
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2003

ricoh will still be using the inverted stack method, TY has talked about dvd-r dl only, uck!

Comment

• dmanshead
      Consequence is a bigger word than you think, it's bigger than you or me
      • Dec 2005

what is with the world and - Discs? I like + but maybe a ty- would be better than a + verb
      If you use these forums you will not have to face that...
      Long Live Foamy!!!

My burners Nec ND 3550A, Benq DQ60, Liteon SHW P6S, 2 Sony AW_Q170A's (free with my new system) and JLMS XJ-HD S.

Comment

• Chewy
        Super Moderator
        • Nov 2003

I think that's why TY hasn't bothered, they focus on dvd-r, the original format, verbatim went with the later +R camp. Dual layer + is inherently superior for playing on a dvd player, layer breaks etc. The whole dual layer technology is off to an iffy start, stores don't seem to stock or sell much.

Comment

Working...