• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • katzdvd
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Feb 2006

Jitter test? C1 & C2 Nero CD Speed

I searched all over & have been unable to accurately determine what the "Jitter Test" actually does.

Also, what is C1 & C2. I am guessing (chart 1 & chart 2)?

Thanks!!!
  • Chewy
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2003

and when you figure it out explain it to me, I stopped at pie's f's and pof's
    Last edited by Chewy; 10 Jun 2006, 10:57 AM.

Comment

• katzdvd
      Lord of Digital Video
      Lord of Digital Video
      • Feb 2006

Jitter Test Info. - Thanks! - I think...

Hi Chewy,

Thanks for the links to the answer for the Jitter Test question. I copied the info. for further study later - I started reading it & now my head hurts!

I'll look it over later when I'm thinkin' clearer! Pretty techy stuff...

P.S. - Did ya see my scan in the Disc Quality Scan Thread? QS of 97. That's about the best I've been able to do so far...

BTW, how can I get the ecc lower, or is that a "fixed value" that is determined by the burner capability?

Thanks!

Comment

• Chewy
        Super Moderator
        • Nov 2003

There is a regedit trick for that, but I don't like it since it's really nit picking.
        My last batches of verbatim have not been the best either. Too many matterhorns, tall mountains in the PIF scan.
        this scan by night(very good technician)

and some other ones of mine with older verbatims have us wondering about
        data longevity

Comment

• katzdvd
          Lord of Digital Video
          Lord of Digital Video
          • Feb 2006

Regedit trick found on the forums?

There is a regedit trick for that, but I don't like it since it's really nit picking
          I may go in there & try that, since I like mucking around in the registry. I've been fooling around in the registry for a long time, & I have had a 100% success rate - so far... (knock on wood)!

Is the regedit found on the forums? I did a search & didn't come up w/ anything...

this scan by night & some other ones of mine with older verbatims have us wondering about
          data longevity
          I know what u mean...Before recently delving into video,

I have been recording CDR's for a long time, & I have noticed that the older ones have started to degrade - that is, skip during play, or won't read.

I even have some that are full of data/mp3s that I can't access at all. It shows up as a blank disc when placing in the drive, but I Know there is data on it! You can see the "burn" on the disc, & it used to play, when it was first created. Don't know what is up w/ that

So, what I have been doing is making a fresh copy disc after a year, so I will always have a "useable" disc.

Comment

• Chewy
            Super Moderator
            • Nov 2003

Recently I was adding some karaoke to a digital library, some disks have to be
            recorded on cd first then digitized since there are 2 sessions on the original.
            I used some tdk's, but after seeing the artifacts on the graphics playing from the hard drive, I did a scan on the burned cd's. Uck! I reburned from images
            with sony, perfect!
            I am testing some MII verbatim cd-r's next.

pricey but probably the best
            Last edited by Chewy; 10 Jun 2006, 08:41 PM.

Comment

• katzdvd
              Lord of Digital Video
              Lord of Digital Video
              • Feb 2006

pricey but probably the best
              Is it worth paying a premium price for media when it doesn't seem to last much longer than the cheap stuff? My cheapo's, while not giving the best scans, still seem to work as good as the "quality" media.

Although, I'll admit, I don't have as much exp/ at the DVD recording as I do w/ audio...I was referring to my audio discs.

Comment

• Chewy
                Super Moderator
                • Nov 2003

my MII verbs scan 94 QS, 8$ for 50 officemax(cd-r's)

Comment

• katzdvd
                  Lord of Digital Video
                  Lord of Digital Video
                  • Feb 2006

Can't beat that $$$

Comment

• Chewy
                    Super Moderator
                    • Nov 2003

I am not as picky about cd-r's as dvd's.

Comment

• katzdvd
                      Lord of Digital Video
                      Lord of Digital Video
                      • Feb 2006

Disc longevity?

this scan by night & some other ones of mine with older verbatims have us wondering about
                      data longevity
                      Have you had any experience with older Taiyo Yuden discs? Do you feel that they would hold up longer?

After all that we have been "promised" by the digital age, & then the storage mediums seem to not hold up, I am thinking of gong back to VHS!

Comment

• Chewy
                        Super Moderator
                        • Nov 2003

I have been watching a thread for older TY media, it's doing more than fine,
                        after a year still scanning in mid 90's.

vhs is much better than ritek G05 tho

Comment

• dmanshead
                          Consequence is a bigger word than you think, it's bigger than you or me
                          • Dec 2005

Well I'm learning that yes it is worth buying MIJ cd-r's. May even try buying yuden's. I find some Maxell that is MIJ, Stamped on the disc 50 for 15.00. They are yuden's!!! I drive an old truck with a dirt cheap stereo in it and these MIJ discs work better than any i have used before. I back my music up as I don't like to rebuy my cd's and my truck is child's play if you want in to it. As for longevity, I can't say there as I just started using them recently. I know that memorex ain't live more like dead, a fresh burned disc tends to have problems in my stereo, and the first of the maxell(yudens) plays like a champ and has been abused a bit.
                          Attached Files
                          If you use these forums you will not have to face that...
                          Long Live Foamy!!!

My burners Nec ND 3550A, Benq DQ60, Liteon SHW P6S, 2 Sony AW_Q170A's (free with my new system) and JLMS XJ-HD S.

Comment

• Chewy
                            Super Moderator
                            • Nov 2003

wait till you scan them and see the difference

Comment

• dmanshead
                              Consequence is a bigger word than you think, it's bigger than you or me
                              • Dec 2005

Originally Posted by Chewy
                              wait till you scan them and see the difference
                              just what i need to worry about now.....LOL. I think i'm going to be a yuden buyer from here out!
                              If you use these forums you will not have to face that...
                              Long Live Foamy!!!

My burners Nec ND 3550A, Benq DQ60, Liteon SHW P6S, 2 Sony AW_Q170A's (free with my new system) and JLMS XJ-HD S.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎