X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • psychotica
    • May 2002

Weird problem with FlasK

Hi there!

I have encountered a very weird problem when trying to convert a DVD to DivX with FlasK MPEG 0.594. I have converted many DVDs before, also using FlasK, and never had this problem.

Anyway, this is how it goes:

1. I ripped the DVD using CladDVD 1.71 - no problems there.

2. I opened the IFO-file in FlasK and launched the built-in player to see if everything looked as it should. It did.

3. I selected the audio-codec (PCM) and video-codec (DivX 4.12), both of which I've used numerous times before with no problems.

4. I set up the global project options in FlasK (resolution, cropping and so on) and once again launched the built-in player to see if everything was okay. This is when it went bad - suddenly the picture was filled with the gray-green garbage you get if you try to convert an encrypted DVD without ripping it first. I thought this might be a so far unencountered error in FlasK, so I shut it down and started it again. Same problem. I tried several times, also with different DVDs, still the same problem. I even restarted my computer a couple of times, still the same problem.

What I really think is weird is, that the first time I started the player everything looked fine, so I find it hard to believe that the VOBs were not decrypted properly.

By the way, I'm using Windows XP Professional and this is the first time I've used this OS to convert DVDs - I previously used Windows 98 and never had problems. Don't know if this matters, just wanted to mention it in case it does.

Any help and/or suggestions will be greatly appreciated!

Sincerely,

PsychoticA
  • psychotica
    • May 2002

Argh, sorry for the inconvenience, folks!

A few minutes after posting my problem, I found the solution myself... It appears that I've somehow managed to select "SSE2" under "iDCT options" (I'm using a Pentium III), where I normally use "MMX". I switched it back to MMX and now the problem's gone... .oO(kick me, cause I'm so stupid! )

- PsychoticA

Comment

Working...
    😀
    🥰
    🤢
    😎
    😡
    👍
    👎