X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dr_ml422
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • May 2007

Hi admin. I downloaded and installed quicktime alternative. When I finished installing it a window popped up asking me if I wanted to buy the quicktime pro and if I wanted to register it. I clicked on cancel. Is that always going to pop up? it is freeware right? Probably a different version. I downloaded it from filehippo. They're a reputable source for freeware.
    SAMSUNG SH-S203B, SAMSUNG SH-S223F,

Take the suggestions and follow the directions. The results will speak for themselves.

Google is definitely our friend.

Comment

• dr_ml422
      Lord of Digital Video
      Lord of Digital Video
      • May 2007

Hi admin. I'm catching up now on using my pc to view the .mov or wmv files. What's the best way to download and install QuickTime Alternative if there is one? Also is the latest version of QuickTime Alternative pretty stable as of now. Thnx.

Take the suggestions and follow the directions. The results will speak for themselves.

Comment

• gonwk
        Lord of Digital Video
        Lord of Digital Video
        • Dec 2005

Hi folks,

To dr_ml & Admin ...

dr_ml ... I am not sure what version of QT Alternative (QTA) you downloaded ad used ... but from my cursory quick reading of various posts on QTA I see there are some complaints on later versions ... it seems thatr versions 1.48 and 1.63 might be the good ones. the later one 2.70 it has been said it hogs your system!!!

Not sure since I have not installed or used it! So ... I'll wait the other folks feedback!

G!

Comment

• dr_ml422
          Lord of Digital Video
          Lord of Digital Video
          • May 2007

I'm waiting also to hear from admin or some of the other fellas that have experience w/it myself. My last experience w/Apple was I-Tunes and it messed my pc up. I'll prolly check out MPC and then download it if less of a headache posted about it.

Want to start using this build of mine to its potential and not just for burning and purchasing. Lol...

Comment

• dr_ml422
            Lord of Digital Video
            Lord of Digital Video
            • May 2007

Admin this MPC is awesome. It's a .exe file so I extracted it to my desktop. That's ok right?
            I thought it would be an install file that went into my program files folder. Watching a flic right now.

Get back at me when you get a chance. Let me know if I need any xtra goodies for viewing any H.264. Thnx.

Comment

• dr_ml422
              Lord of Digital Video
              Lord of Digital Video
              • May 2007

Wow I just played back The Terminator H.264 clip. Unbelievable. I'm getting there. Used VLC. Admin if you could suggest a reputable site for a decent 5.1 surround system and maybe including that spdif jack I'd appreciate it. I could just imagine my PC putting out hi-def audio. It was w/my 2.1 and it sounded good. I thought the forum was a gold mine. That DD home is off the hook. Could never figure out why so many guests and no new members. Oh well they're loss.

Comment

• cata12ca
                • Mar 2009

Monster Encoder

Too complicated guys. I am using Monster Encoder to to encode files. I use this because I just need to upload my file into a server and then receive my file by following a link.
                I can show you a part of my work if you are interested

Comment

• ariefjuga
                  • Aug 2009

hi admin. i want to ask you about staxrip.
                  i just downloaded a new version of staxrip and cannot found a way to proceed to step 2 (selecting the profile). I can't find any profile in it. Is it have to be imported from outside or what? and how to import it
                  Please admin, i need some help

Comment

• admin
                    Administrator
                    • Nov 2001

The guide was written for an older version of StaxRip, so the profiles have changed. But the latest version of StaxRip I just downloaded (1.1.2.3 Beta: http://sourceforge.net/projects/stax...ta.7z/download) includes a bunch of profiles, although different to the ones I've listed in the guides. If you can't see any profiles, then I'm not sure what could be the problem, but I've exported and attached the profiles from 1.1.2.3 betas that you can download and manually import.

I'll try to update the guide in the near future.
                    Attached Files
                    Visit Digital Digest and dvdloc8.com, My Blog

Comment

• ariefjuga
                      • Aug 2009

this is a preview of my staxrip. Is it normal or it missing something?

and my staxrip is 1.1.2.3 too.
                      And thanks for your help extracting and attach the profil in this thread, but i don't know how to import it. I dont find any command to importing a profile in staxrip. Do you mind to show me the way? I'm Sorry if i bother you.

Comment

• admin
                        Administrator
                        • Nov 2001

The profiles looks different to my setup (see attached screenshot). Just to make sure we both have the same version, the file I downloaded was called "StaxRip_1.1.2.3_beta.7z" and it was 22.4 MB (23,567,643 bytes). If your file is different, download it again from the link I gave you above.

Make sure you've "installed" StaxRip by extracting the contents of the .7z file to a new folder on your hard-drive (for example, extract to c:\staxrip\, so that only the StaxRip executable, ReadFirst! and the "Applications" folder sits in this directory).

Also, when you first start StaxRip, if this is the first time you've used it, it will ask you where you want the settings directory (see attached screenshot). I've found that by deleting this directory, I can reset my list of encoder profiles. To delete (or better, rename) your StaxRip setting directory, first start StaxRip, from the "Tools" menu, select "Directories" -> "Settings". Close StaxRip. This should open up the folder containing your StaxRip settings in Windows Explorer. Go up one directory and locate the "StaxRip" folder, rename it to "StaxRip Old". Start StaxRip again and hopefully, the profiles should have reset it self (it might ask you again where you want your settings directory, just choose the "Common Application Data" directory).

If all else fails, you can import directories. To import the profiles, first download and extract the RAR package to a new folder on your hard-drive (there should be a bunch of files). Then start StaxRip and go to Profiles -> Encoder -> select the "Edit" option (it's just below the "Misc" encoder option in your screenshot above), and then use the Import button, go to the folder where you extracted the profile files, and then load them in (you can select more than one file at a time).
                        Attached Files

Comment

• ariefjuga
                          • Aug 2009

thanks for your help Admin finally i get what's wrong exactly with my staxrip. After i checked the application version, it seems that i downloading the wrong "new version", its still 1.1.1.3 beta version My bad.

thanks for giving me the correct address to download staxrip.
                          Attached Files

Comment

• admin
                            Administrator
                            • Nov 2001

Glad it all worked out for you. As I mentioned before, the guide that this thread refers to is for an older version of StaxRip, so parts of it will no longer be accurate, but should still give you a fair idea of how to use this software. If you have any other questions, please feel free to post them here.

Comment

Working...
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎