encodeing problems Posibly linked to codec?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rei_sama
    Hopelessly Lost
    • Jun 2006

encodeing problems Posibly linked to codec?

ok I looked around and didn't see anything that could help me.

Problem: I can not encode video it locks up the computer have tryed a few Encodeing programs

Reason i worry: i tryed to solve this by reinstalling my windows xp and downloading new versions of video codecs thinking one or more went bad
    My husband has a slower computer then me with the same exact codec files installed he can encode but i can not

I know i am not useing the programs wrong becouse my husband knows exactly how to use them and when i had problems he did the "well let me try. You may have done something wrong." but i want to help him convert our anime to a format our divx dvd player can read and put a border around it couse him doing it alone will take months for one series

Please give me ideas I am dumbfounded as to what i should do
  • anonymez
    Super Moderator
    • Mar 2004

have tryed a few Encodeing programs
    which programs? error message?
    "What were the things in Gremlins called?" - Karl Pilkington

Comment

• Rei_sama
      Hopelessly Lost
      • Jun 2006

fixed but it still has me confused

ok I got it to work it's different then the way my husbands works I had to download every specific codec I want to use where my husband I think just uses ffdshows codec for everything but mine doesn't wana do that. Got VirtualDub1_6_15 working and thank you for replying. If you have any idea why my husband doesn't need the specific codecs to decode and i do I would love to understand.

Comment

• celtic_druid
        Digital Video Expert
        Digital Video Expert
        • Dec 2005

The reason is that ffdshow uses libavcodec and other libs to handle numerous formats. DV, MPEG-4, AVC, H.263, MPEG1/2, AC3, DTS, vorbis, aac, etc., etc.

Problems with encoding can be caused by bad RAM, heating, etc. since encoding with say XviD can stress a PC far more than most other tasks.

Comment

Working...