Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Stig
    • Jun 2006

Converting .dvd to a useable format

A friend of mine wants to show a DVD at an agricultural show. He has edited the product manufacturers DVD together with his own video footage using Sonic MyDVD. When he burns to DVD the disk will not play in a domestic DVD player or on another computer DVD player. On the PC used to create the DVD sometimes the title of the DVD is shown in Windows Explorer, sometimes not. On any other PC it shows as a blank disk. He has emailed me the file which has the .dvd extension. This file is 1.6 Mb compared with the sum of the component parts being 50 Mb.
    I have downloaded Sonic Cineplayer as a Windows Media Player Plug-in but still cannot open the file. - File is corrupt or not supported
    I have also downloaded DVDFab Decrypter. - The folder where I have the file is not a DVD folder.

What can I use to open this file?
  • benbryant
    Digital Video Master
    Digital Video Master
    • Aug 2005

File with .dvd extnsion is a driver for devices used with MS-DOS and can be opened with windows DOS command. It's not a DVD movie file whicj you can't open with media player. The DVD movie files should be .vob or mpg extension

Regards

Comment

• Stig
      • Jun 2006

Thanks
      I think we've got it sussed now. We created the DVD on the hard disk instead of a DVD and there were lots of files / folders including .vob. We think the DVD writer isn't working.

Comment

• benbryant
        Digital Video Master
        Digital Video Master
        • Aug 2005

IMHO, I don't think anything wrong with creating DVD on the hard drive or with DVD burner. There should be the problem with the DVD author software - maybe your friend didn't author DVD correctly. Try to save all the .vob files and rename them to .mpg extension in correct order and then use TMPGenc DVD Author or DVD-lab Pro (They come with free trials) to re-author DVD them and hope that will work for you. Good luck

Regards

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎