Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dcook
    • Jun 2006

DVD burning issues

I am trying to burn a backup disc from my library. They are, or course, copy protected. I am using DVD Replica to rip a copy to my hard drive. I have been able to play it (without audio). But when I use Nero 6.0 to burn a new DVD, the player in my house says "no play". Can someone help with this? There don't seem to be any help files connected with this software (Ugh). Thanks
  • dmanshead
    Consequence is a bigger word than you think, it's bigger than you or me
    • Dec 2005

I'm not familiar with the program you are using, but are you trying to fit it on a 4.7 gig disc? actually we might be better off starting from the beginning and giving you some freeware programs to use to acomplish your goals. give me one of the titles you are expiriencing difficulty with and we'll go from there

oh welcome to the forums!!!
    Last edited by dmanshead; 19 Jun 2006, 04:44 PM.
    If you use these forums you will not have to face that...
    Long Live Foamy!!!

My burners Nec ND 3550A, Benq DQ60, Liteon SHW P6S, 2 Sony AW_Q170A's (free with my new system) and JLMS XJ-HD S.

Comment

• dmanshead
      Consequence is a bigger word than you think, it's bigger than you or me
      • Dec 2005

I looked on their website, and i hate to say it but there are programs for free that are very effective in ripping and burning your own backups of your own movies. One of the programs they bundled with their program ( I wonder if Lightning UK is aware they are doing this????!!!!????) is one we would have had you get, It's called DVD Decrypter, the better and free alternative to what you purchased is DVDShrink. The final piece you need is the psl2 plugin for PgcEdit, which will help you to rip those newer Sony movies to your hard drive that ARccOSS is protecting. Another ripper that is also freeware is DVDFab Decrypter, I personally like DVDD and the Wizard.
      If you use these forums you will not have to face that...
      Long Live Foamy!!!

My burners Nec ND 3550A, Benq DQ60, Liteon SHW P6S, 2 Sony AW_Q170A's (free with my new system) and JLMS XJ-HD S.

Comment

• dcook
        • Jun 2006

reVD Burning Issues

I am using DVD Replica to "decode" the DVD to my hard drive. I can then "see" the different chapters as different files. I am then using Nero 7.0 (hoping to "put together" the chapters) together so that my dvd player can see them. All I am accomplishing so far it to "burn" a DVD with the exact format (4 different chapters) onto a blank DVD, which my dvd player responds to as "no play". I hope that helps. Thanks for your time and welcoming me to the forums.

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎