X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kanaza
    • May 2002

5.1 Audio editing???

Gyuz, plz help me out here

We all know that using the direct stream copy in the audio section of FLASKMpeg when u access a vob file, distinguishes the video file from the audio one. In specific, the avi file comes without a sound and the ac3 file is the main audio. When the movie is 5.1 surround filtered, the ac3 file contains all the audio data needed, which can be heard exactly as during the DVD playback, by PoweDVD or whatever other DVD player does.
    Is there a way i can extract the ac3 file to a wav file that will preserve the 5.1 audio channels? i know that this will be a huge wave file, but i dont give damn abt it. So, HOW CAN I DO THAT?
    Moreover, since i will have the wav file containing the 5.1 suround audio, can Windows Media Player play it the way PowerDVD does? AND IS there a way i can access all 6 channels and edit them using a wav editor?
    All ac3 to wav tools i have seen in digital-digest convert the 5.1 audio stream to Stereo 2 channels audio.
    Then, as soon as i get this done, which program will be the one that will merge the non audio avi file with the 5.1 audio wav file?

IS THERE POSSIBLY A WAY I can do all that with flask?? (exept of course the editing part)
  • UncasMS
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2001

can extract the ac3 file to a wav file that will preserve the 5.1 audio channels?
    you cant!
    at least not to a SINGLE wave file. you would have to use 6 files!

but i dont really understand why you dont use the original ac3 file if you want to keep dd 5.1???

ac3 and avi can easily be muxed, so why to you want to go any other why????

c.f. here

btw. dont care for the playback part of dooms guide - its out of date like so many other parts of those guides.

a good choice for playback would be using powerdix
    Last edited by UncasMS; 4 May 2002, 02:30 AM.

Comment

• raff
      • Apr 2002

5.1 Audio editing...

Let's see... You can use AC3DEC to convert (downmix) all 6 channels into a stereo PCM WAV file. I did find this though - some dude has modified the code to separate the AC3 into 6 separate PCM files. Way to go.

It's a linux version. You could try using CYGWIN - this will allow you to run linux stuff within Windows. I haven't tried all this crap out, but since you're the one who wants to do it, you can let us know if it works!

Comment

• riceman2
        • Jul 2006

hi. i just wanted to resurrect this thread - is there a simpler way of editting 5.1 audio from a vob file 4 years later? all i want to do is adjust volume levels - make the 5.1 louder or quieter.

thanks!

Comment

• RFBurns
          To Infinity And Byond
          • May 2006

Originally Posted by riceman2
          hi. i just wanted to resurrect this thread - is there a simpler way of editting 5.1 audio from a vob file 4 years later? all i want to do is adjust volume levels - make the 5.1 louder or quieter.

thanks!
          There probably is...but most are usually happy with how the 5.1 channels sound in a vob or other video file.

Good sound cards will let you adjust the individual sound levels during playback, thus eliminating the need to demux 5.1 ac3 and re-mix the levels and then re-encode the 5.1 to the ac3 again.

Here..I will fix it!

Sony Digital Video and Still camera CCD imager service

MCM Video Stabalizer

Comment

• anonymez
            Super Moderator
            • Mar 2004

is there a simpler way of editting 5.1 audio from a vob file 4 years later?
            demux, re-encode with behappy/belight, both can normalize, mux
            "What were the things in Gremlins called?" - Karl Pilkington

Comment

Working...