• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kimomakano
    Platinum Member
    Platinum Member
    • Jun 2002

video with multiple clips

I would like to be able to create a video file that takes several different clips of the same performance and incorporate them into a single clip. The resultant clip would have probably three or four different shots showing on the screen at the same time, each in their own quadrant of the screen.

Can this be done without spending mega bucks? We are recreational ballroom dancers and I would like to do this for some of our performances.

Thanks.
  • benbryant
    Digital Video Master
    Digital Video Master
    • Aug 2005

At least please let us know what formats your source video is and what format your encoded video will be so we can provide better assistance

Regards

Comment

• kimomakano
      Platinum Member
      Platinum Member
      • Jun 2002

Sorry, I made a poor assumption that "everyone knew" I would be working with MPEG format. The source videos are from digital camcorders recorded directly onto DVD-RAM and then imported to my PC with TMPGEnc MPEG Editor 2.0.

The DVDs are created using using DVD Workshop or TMPGEnc DVD Author.

Thanks for your assistance.

Comment

• benbryant
        Digital Video Master
        Digital Video Master
        • Aug 2005

I think what you are asking is creating "picture in picture effect" which can be easily done by using video editing programs such as Ulead VideoStudio, Sony Vegas,...I don't know for sure any freeware can do this. Fortunately, the programs do come with free trial period for you to test them out

Regards

Comment

• anonymez
          Super Moderator
          • Mar 2004

I don't know for sure any freeware can do this
          there's always avisynth, but it's a real chore to set up. as ben said, give UVS or Vegas a shot
          "What were the things in Gremlins called?" - Karl Pilkington

Comment

• benbryant
            Digital Video Master
            Digital Video Master
            • Aug 2005

I've read about using AviSynth for picture in picture too and admit that it'll take me at least the whole year to write the AviSynth picture in picture script for just a short movie

Regards

Comment

• kimomakano
              Platinum Member
              Platinum Member
              • Jun 2002

Mahalos guyz,
              I downloaded the trial version of Ulead VideoStudio 10 and it worked like a charm. It was surprisingly easy. I believe this is a new feature in the later versions, I have an older copy that I am pretty sure doesn't do this.

Again, it worked just how I imagined it should.

kimo

Comment

Working...