X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Smelsch
    • May 2002

Audio but no video

Hi,

I did some DVD rips and compressed them down to DivX 5.0 for the video and MS ADPCM for the audio. I created it using Adobe Premiere. All seemed fine and well and the vids go wonderfully on my PC at home (Win XP)

However...

I put them on CD and took them to work but no video - just a black screen. The audio works fine.

My PC at work runs Windows 98, and I've got DivX 5.0 on it. When the video didn't work the 1st time, I reinstalled DivX 5.0

Here's the info file off Virtual Dub:

Frame size: 320x240, 25.000fps [40000us]
    # of frames [time]: 20671 [13:46]
    Decompressor: DivX 5.0 codec
    No. of key frames: 144
    min/avg/max/total key frame size: 870/11912/34163 (1676K)
    min/avg/max/total delta frame size: 1/2396/30151 (48032K)

I'm stumped and It'd be great if one of you guys could think up a reason for this wackiness!

Ta
  • Smelsch
    • May 2002

I just did a check of these video files at home. The codec I used for encoding was DivX 5.0.1. Would this cause playback problems for the DivX 5.0 codec?

What is furtherly weird is that 1 of the 5.0.1 encoded video's works on the Win 98 machine at work, but the others don't!

I did add the compression at the capture stage but that shouldn't cause this sort of problem should it?

I've decided to re-encode them with DivX 3.11 and see if that's a problem as well. If it is I guess I'll have to recapture them from the DVD and use 3.11 from step 1.

Hopefully this will work

Comment

Working...
    😀
    🥰
    🤢
    😎
    😡
    👍
    👎