Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Media-Plattform (like Win MCE or Nero Home) supporting mp4-Tags?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CaptNeo
    • Jul 2006

Media-Plattform (like Win MCE or Nero Home) supporting mp4-Tags?

Hello,
    I'm new to this forum but I've got some experience on re- & encoding, ripping and even some simple content-production.
    For some days I'm trying to figure out how to migrate my video-collection (mostly DVDs and lots of TV-caps) to a new "livingroom"-PC on a h.264-basis.

My question: Is there a suitable software like WinMCE or Nero Home, that can actually use mp4 meta-tags like say JukeBox id3-tags. My goal would be to store most of my collection on the harddisk of the pc, and then comfortably browse through it by genre, series, actors etc. Support for tv series and embedded artwork like posters would also be nice. In fact, it should work on a similar basis like most mp3-players and ipods do today, just fullscreen, hd and on the (well not so) big screen.

Till now i've only tryed Nero Home, and that's not it for sure. Although the manual states, that it can use mp4-tags, I can find no indication that it does. I created a test-file with Nero Recode in Nero Digital mp4 Format and added mp4-Tags with an AtomicParsley GUI. When I search in Nero Home for words from the title-field it does not find the file.

My other attemps to create mp4-files failed for the most different reasons (see my other post), so I do not know, whether the problem lies in the "unofficial" features that the Nero Digital format implements im mp4-files.

Either way Nero Home does not seem to be the plattform I want to be stuck with...

THX for your interest, I'm looking forward to your suggestions.
  • anonymez
    Super Moderator
    • Mar 2004

dunno that many apps/players can actually read mp4 tags, though freeware MPC and VLC do.

for HTPC software i like mediaportal-- whether it reads tags i don't know, i haven't bothered tagging my x264 encodes
    "What were the things in Gremlins called?" - Karl Pilkington

Comment

• CaptNeo
      • Jul 2006

I just had to realize, that mediaportal wont show mp4-files in the first place. THX though, it's a nice plattform.

Comment

• anonymez
        Super Moderator
        • Mar 2004

that mediaportal wont show mp4-files in the first place
        sure it does, iirc you need to set it up in supported file types. you'll need a recent ffdshow build & haali's media splitter

Comment

• CaptNeo
          • Jul 2006

Yeap, found the extensions list yesterday by accident. Most regretable MP does not use the encoded aspect ratio (so does not MPC).
          Maybe this whole recoding project is a bit ahaed of its time (at least my ambitions seem to be ).

Well, maybe I'll just wait for Windows Vistas new MC. In the iterim time But there are still lots of plugins for MP to play with.

THX so far.

Comment

• anonymez
            Super Moderator
            • Mar 2004

Most regretable MP does not use the encoded aspect ratio (so does not MPC)
            if you're referring to anamorphic encoding, mpc does, not sure about media portal but should work with the correct filters. install a recent ffdshow build and haali's splitter
            Last edited by anonymez; 29 Jul 2006, 10:16 AM.

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎