X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BR7
    He is coming to your little town!
    • Aug 2005

On average mine stays around this but like UncasMS stated it will bounce up 100% when needed .
    Last edited by BR7; 9 Aug 2006, 05:29 PM.

My Blu-ray Collection

Comment

• UncasMS
      Super Moderator
      • Nov 2001

is that a dual core machine?

if so you may create a second folder, copy another folding.exe into it and assign a new machine id to this second process

--

you may also want to check the ADVANCED settins when starting the folding exe

when running a new process/work unit you will be able to change the advanced settings - simply type "Y" when being asked for it

Comment

• UncasMS
        Super Moderator
        • Nov 2001

congrats, l8er on the first 364 pts you earned the team

Comment

• l8nights
          DD folding team
          • Jun 2005

*tips his brim grinning*

I'll come clean...I got a head start I was half way through a protein when I added the team number.
          I'll have another shortly.
          The future doesn't just happen its created through our actions or inactions~ today!

Comment

• jm1647
            An Eagles Fan, A MenuShrinker
            • Apr 2005

My bad, my core is 500,000, no 5,000,000, I guess I seen an extra zero and I left it running overnight after I restarted it and have got 124,000 done outta 500,000 so only 376,000 more to go Now is the time I wish wish I had a real fast machine for something like this.

Comment

• BR7
              He is coming to your little town!
              • Aug 2005

Originally Posted by UncasMS
              is that a dual core machine?

if so you may create a second folder, copy another folding.exe into it and assign a new machine id to this second process

--

you may also want to check the ADVANCED settins when starting the folding exe

when running a new process/work unit you will be able to change the advanced settings - simply type "Y" when being asked for it
              Yes it is DC I tried what you said but I kept getting FAHcore errors so I thought I would try these installers here but I still get the same FAHcore errors

My Blu-ray Collection

Comment

• NightTran
                King of Digital Video
                King of Digital Video
                • Aug 2005

I may sound stupid but what is the relate between running this software and helping the sickness?

Thanks
                sigpic

Comment

• UncasMS
                  Super Moderator
                  • Nov 2001

exploring diseases like the ones this project deals with requires a lot of prediction/calculation

in this case protein folding is being explored

one link in my initial posting would have led you to the folding home page where this can be found:

Our goal: to understand protein folding, misfolding, and related diseases

What is protein folding and how is folding linked to disease? Proteins are biology's workhorses -- its "nanomachines." Before proteins can carry out these important functions, they assemble themselves, or "fold." The process of protein folding, while critical and fundamental to virtually all of biology, in many ways remains a mystery.

Moreover, when proteins do not fold correctly (i.e. "misfold"), there can be serious consequences, including many well known diseases, such as Alzheimer's, Mad Cow (BSE), CJD, ALS, Huntington's, Parkinson's disease, and many Cancers and cancer-related syndromes.

You can help by simply running a piece of software. Folding@Home is a distributed computing project -- people from through out the world download and run software to band together to make one of the largest supercomputers in the world. Every computer makes the project closer to our goals.

Folding@Home uses novel computational methods coupled to distributed computing, to simulate problems thousands to millions of times more challenging than previously achieved.

Comment

• jm1647
                    • Apr 2005

Well I put the lil box that could, my PIII 733MHZ box, back online and started an additional project on it. I got a 4,000,000 project definitely this time, I counted the zeros 3x's to make sure. Seems like it's a good cause so why no run 2 boxes if ya got em.
                    Last edited by jm1647; 10 Aug 2006, 02:13 AM.

Comment

• UncasMS
                      Super Moderator
                      • Nov 2001

well done, jm

(and now send 25 pms to different DVF users and invite them to do the same )

Comment

• NightTran
                        King of Digital Video
                        King of Digital Video
                        • Aug 2005

Thank UncasMS, I will start now

Thanks
                        sigpic

Comment

• jm1647
                          • Apr 2005

Originally Posted by UncasMS
                          well done, jm

(and now send 25 pms to different DVF users and invite them to do the same )
                          This post has been near the top because of replies to it with people doing it, so If nobody wantsa do it, shame on 'em probably cost more to keep a light bulb on all day than do this
                          Last edited by jm1647; 10 Aug 2006, 04:31 AM.

Comment

• Zero G
                            Next to Arch Stanton
                            • Jan 2006

This is a worthwhile cause for those that are unsure. I ran FAH for years as a member of DSL Reports Team Helix. I stopped running it because I have yet to upgrade my old pc. The work units were becoming so large that the time frames to do them on my machine were too long. There was too much possibility of lost frames with restarts. As soon as I get a chance to upgrade, I'll be folding again.
                            "Wanted in 14 counties of this state. The condemned is found guilty of the crimes of murder, armed robbery of citizens, state banks and post offices, the theft of sacred objects, arson in a state prison, purgery, bigamy, deserting his wife and children, inciting prostitution, kidnapping, extortion, receiving stolen goods, selling stolen goods, passing counterfeit money, and contrary to the laws of this state, the condemned is guilty of using marked cards...therefore according to the powers vested in us, we sentence the accused here before us Tuco Benedicto Pacifico Juan Ramirez also known as the Rat and any other aliases he may have to hang by the neck until dead."

Comment

• UncasMS
                              Super Moderator
                              • Nov 2001

ok zerog,
                              go tell the missus dvf needs your support and get all the new hardware that is required "for a good cause"

Comment

• jm1647
                                • Apr 2005

@UncasMS - I just noticed a difference between the folding on my 2 boxes. I installed the 504 console on both boxes. 1 is running core 82(the AMD 1500 box) and the the other is running core 7a (PIII 733 box) The PIII box is getting 40,000 folds in about 1 hr 15 minutes. The AMD box is getting 5,000 folds in about a half hour. The PIII box has 458 MB RAM and the AMD has 1GB. I noticed on the PIII box something in the log that it has SSE boost while the AMD box doesn't. The PIII box is up to date with the M$ updates but the AMD box is only at SP2.

Different projects making the difference? The PIII project is 4,000,000 folds and the AMD box is 500,000

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎