Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • msdl28712
    • May 2002

blank cdr-media

Hi there again have burned a mpeg to disc has a vcd for the first time which created 5 folders cdi,mpegav,vcd,ext and segment

cdi contains cdi_imag, cdi_vcd.app, cdi_text and a ccdi_vcd.cfg
    mpegav contains avseq01 Dat file 749meg
    vcd contains entries.vcd, lot.vcd, info.vcd and psd.vcd
    ext contains lot_x.vcd, scandata, psd_x.vcd
    segment is empty

Hope this is the correct output problem is samsung 709 dvd doesnt like the disc and says this disc cannot be played please check the disc

Is there problems with my final disc or the dvd or even the cdr media as ive heard this can be a prob (if it is is there any universal disc that are good in many dvd machines as mentioned on the vcdhelp.com

The dat file plays on my pc so i presume thats ok and followed advice on the forum for creating the file before burning through TMPGeng

Just aquired dvd player first one so not to sure on error messages and incompatable media

any advice would be appreciated
  • Mac Sidewinder
    Platinum Member
    Platinum Member
    • Apr 2002

The disc format and files look fine. Some dvd players are very particular about the type and manufacturer of discs. Some players simply won't play vcds and svcds. You can try using a cdrw instead. These cds are closer in manfacturering to regular dvds and see if it works. At least this would help you find out if your player supports vcd in the first place. If it works, then start trying out different media to find a type that works. Also you can try to burn at the slowest possible speed. Sometimes that helps.

Mac

Comment

• setarip
      Retired
      • Dec 2001

To find out more about the specific capabilities of your standalone player, go to:

Video forums, video software downloads, guides, blu-ray players and media.

Comment

Working...