Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • _PredatoR_
    • Aug 2006

Hyundai *.DAT files convertion

I have a hyundai DVD disc karaoke. But the file extension is in .DAT.I cannot play it in PC. How can i convert it to mpeg4 to vcd format. Is there a re software to view it and or to convert it to the other format. the DVD disc has thousands of karaoke files.

thanks

predator
  • Chewy
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2003

I am pretty sure the karaoke .dat files are just mpg's, you can try renaming one after copying over to your computer, if I remember they are already in vcd format.

you might find something at this site:

Comment

• _PredatoR_
      • Aug 2006

I just wanna thank you for your nice reply. But it does not work for me and i know it does not work for others too. As i surf and research for more ideas it is impossible for you to extract the content of a *.DAT file without knowing what is the program that created it.

The Hyundai DVD disc that contains so many karaoke songs compressed in *.DAT file format is created with a special software only the Hyundai company knows. Unless u have the software which they use you cant extract the karaoke you want. The only machine or program that can read that disc is their hyundai karaoke player or their software.

Unless their is one who is willing to share that software then thats the only time the file can be read or extracted. But i guess no one will share the stuff because its the heart of their business. Unless he has the strong will to LOVE then he'll share because SHARE IS LOVE!!, lol.

Thanks for the reply!!!

_PredatoR_

Comment

• SmokeDawg
        • Aug 2006

I don't have a DAT file or karaoke cd to test it, but this shareware here says it'll work with DAT files..

Comment

• _PredatoR_
          • Aug 2006

The *.DAT file u are referring to is a popular media format like of the *.avi, etc, it is a movie file format. Indeed there are so many kinds of *.dat files. Like for example the data files for installers are extended in .DAT. Others are *.cab. In short f u dont know what program created that .DAT file you cant read it. The DAT file reader that you mention is a movie/karaoke file player. it cant read the file i am referring to, nevertheless your have a great heart to answer and share ideas to others and for that i wanna thank you so much, keep it up pal.

thanks

Comment

Working...