Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bluewhite4
    • Aug 2006

Pioneer DVR-110D and Nero

I recently upgraded both Nero and the firmware on my drive to their latest to try to allow me to burn a dvd at 16x. I realize after reading the forum that its not recommended to burn at that speed, but the fact that Nero won't let me is driving me nuts. Also, according to the docs for my drive, I should be able to use either + or - media. I previously burned dvds fine with + and recently recieve a pack of - discs as a gift. Now either the drive says the disc is unwritteable or when I go to play back the recording, there is sound "pops" and pixilated video. I'm trying to use Memorex discs that have a MID of RITEKF1. Any help would be appreciated.
    Attached Files
  • soup
    Just Trying To Help
    • Nov 2005

I would suggest reading The Golden Rules Of Burning with special attention given to DMA & Firmware. I would also check this link out as regards to memory in use. That is just a couple of things for now. You might also want to check out ImgBurn.

Comment

• Chewy
      Super Moderator
      • Nov 2003

welcome to the forum

1. wrong log, ricoh mid(16x dvd+r) burned at 12x
      2. you are using nvidia ide drivers and that's dangerous, flashing firmware with them active is more so
      3. your memory in use is a big problem, doing the math you had several hundred megabytes of programs loaded running in the background
      4. your log and nero must be really confused, it says dvd-r and dvd+r both

Comment

• bluewhite4
        • Aug 2006

nVidia IDE driver problems?

1. Not sure how it could be the wrong log, followed the directions on the forum to get the log from Nero 7. I did burn at 4x, or it atleast should of, but it never gives me the option for 16, highest it says is available is 12.
        2.Can you maybe expand on whats wrong with using the nVidia ide drivers? I've never heard this before and I'll double check it, but am pretty sure its what was sent with the mobo for ide drivers. Also, I did flash the firmware while using these drivers, what might I have done?
        3.The memory thing is going to be taken care of tonight. Not sure what happened or why I slacked off and allowed so much to run at once.
        4. Might say this because the first time it tried to burn it said it couldn't read the disc, so swapped out another disc and it did burn, however both are 16x DVD-R discs.

Comment

• Chewy
          Super Moderator
          • Nov 2003

let's start by reflashing your firmware from safe mode

then delete all contents of the nero history and try another burn

if the times are screwy then we need to kill the nvidia ide drivers

Comment

• bluewhite4
            • Aug 2006

Just Finished

I tried to reflash the drive in safe mode, and recieved an error saying it was already current. Additionally on Pioneers site they say the 110D can't be rolled back once its been flashed to 1.41.

I cleared out alot of memory, and tried a burn again tonight. It burned sucessfully at 4x, but when i go to play it back its pixilated and has an audio popping. I think at this point I'm going to chalk it up to bad media and get some Verbatum discs tommorrow.

If you have any other suggestions, I'd appreciate the help.
            Attached Files

Comment

Working...