Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • muichun
    • Jan 2002

AT&T Cable Internet is !!!!!!!!!!!

I subscribed to AT&T cable internet since Nov 2001 and AT&T ALWAYS sent me erroneous bills.

And when I shifted to a new apartment, the AT&T technician collected my old cable modem and replaced with a new modem. The technician also made an annotation on the work order that I had returned the modem.

However, 2 weeks later, AT&T claimed that the old modem is still with me and it CHARGED me USD 150 for the modem I had returned.

I called AT&T and I was told to send them the work order mentioned above to them because the work order is with Sunnyvale Local Office. And, AT&T billing department is NOT ABLE to get the document internally.

I have no choice but to fax the work oder AT&T. Guess what, I got several errors while I faxed the work order to fax number they gave me. And when I called them to verify the fax number, the number is correct. I tried and failed again.

I called AT&T and I was then told to send it to them personally to its local office!!!

I think I should just cancel the AT&T Cable Internet subcription and switch to other ISPs after I have wasted more than 8 hours on their irresponsible Customer Support.

I would like to urge everyone who planned to choose AT&T Cable Internet to think TWICE before subscribing to any AT&T services.

For those who have a lot of time and money to kill, my opinion does not apply.
  • Batman
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Jan 2002

MY ISP's service also "sucks"....customer support is a pain....in the end you have to solve problems yourself

Comment

• techno
      Digital Video Master
      Digital Video Master
      • Nov 2001

*cough cough* - get broadband (if it is in ur area)

Techno

Comment

• asamtoy
        • Mar 2008

Cutting Service

I called AT&T a while back because my internet connection was not as fast as I’d contracted for. It turns out that even though I contracted for the highest speed they advertised, someone at AT&T had bumped me down to a lower, cheaper speed! If you have AT&T, check your bill!!!

Has AT&T done this to you?

Comment

• Chewy
          Super Moderator
          • Nov 2003

a close relative works in broadband sales, many times they sell someone a faster package and then find out that they can't really support it

Comment

• doctorhardware
            Lord of Digital Video
            Lord of Digital Video
            • Dec 2006

Comcast is no better for customer service and tech support.
            Star Baby Girl, Born March,1997 Died June 30th 2007 6:35 PM.

Comment

• ed klein
              Banned
              • Mar 2004

After working for AT&T/Southwestern Bell as an engineer for 33 years in the Mid-West region I would not trust them for anything. They are as corrupt as they fell they can get away with.

Kiss my AT&T

Comment

• locoeng
                Who Farted?
                • Dec 2005

Originally Posted by doctorhardware
                Comcast is no better for customer service and tech support.
                I agree, just dropped Comcast for AT&T but at least my broadband works now. I don't really think it matters where you go as you won't come out ahead in any instance.

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person. It's not fair to you and no challenge for us."
                Walt Kelly

Comment

• drfsupercenter
                  NOT an online superstore
                  • Oct 2005

WideOpenWest actually has really good customer support... but their service is so good that I rarely have a need to call them

The downside is it's really slow by today's standards, 300kbps uplink is not good for running webservers off!
                  CYA Later:

d̃ŗf̉śŭp̣ễr̀çëǹt̉ếř
                  Visit my website!!

Cool Characters Make your text cool
                  My DVD Collection

Comment

• photo_angel2004
                    Queen of Digital Video
                    Queen of Digital Video
                    • Jan 2004

AT&T is one of the worst and biggest scam companies in the WORLD.

I was getting slammed with $700.00 to $3,000.00 bills from AT&T for 5 years in a row and here is the Kicker ... I have NEVER been a customer of AT&T!

I was in and out of court fighting the bogus charges for years and here is the very best part of it all. Ameritech told me that didnt have details on the charges I had to contact AT&T and when I did that AT&T told me they couldnt give me any information on the billing because I was NOT a customer of them. Even though they were billing me for crap they couldnt even tell me what it was for. And certainly stuff I never used or authorized.

Our phone company in WI used to be SBC Ameritech and they allowed thrird party billing to AT&T kept slamming my phone bills with bogus charges.

AT&T has been in and out of courts with large class action law suites for years now, what amazes me the most is the fact they are still in buisness and now they have bought out our phone company and the are the WI phone company.

Fourtuantely due to the way AT&T operates in the state of WI they were forced by the supream court to allow other phone companies lease out the phone lines so that custmers can have a choice on who to have phone and internet service with.

What is most amusing to me is the fact at least in this state AT&T offers cable internet which is from Time Warner Cable and its cheaper to just go through Time Warner and the internet speed connection is a higher speed when you go through Time Warner.

I now use Time Warner cable for phone, cable and high speed internet and they do not allow any third party billing my bill is the same every month. $113.46

Includes digital cable on one tv
                    standard cable on 5 other tv's
                    road runner high speed internet on 3 computers
                    and digital home phone - where I can call anywhere in the USA, Canada, Puerto Rico, Alaska and HI. FOR FREE unlimited.

I would stay away from AT&T at all costs! buyer beware!

IMGburn ** ** Nero 6.6.0.18 **Intelli Type Pro 6.1 **

Comment

• doctorhardware
                      Lord of Digital Video
                      Lord of Digital Video
                      • Dec 2006

I have SBC ameritech/ATT, here in IL we have, anti slamming never had a problem with that. Had Comcast and 6 month intro, price for cable and internet no phone was close to $300 per month after the intro price. Customer service and technical service plain out just SUCKED. It took me over a year to get the wireless router modem replaced. Comcast used Netgear, which I am using now with DSL. The Netgear would not generate the dns, so I started using an open dns and I was able to download win xp updates and Norton's antivirus updates. No one in there Tech dept could not handle that I actually knew more then they did. Long story short I finally got them to give me another Netgear wireless modem router and it worked with out using the open dns servers.

I wish that Time Warner was an option here I would jump at it for that price, but for now I am waiting for fiberoptic to be installed. Then let the speed begin.
                      Last edited by doctorhardware; 18 Mar 2008, 01:17 PM.

Comment

• drfsupercenter
                        NOT an online superstore
                        • Oct 2005

My parents use AT&T and have never had a problem... they only get you if you complain and/or rant about them

But for Internet and TV we use WOW.
                        CYA Later:

d̃ŗf̉śŭp̣ễr̀çëǹt̉ếř
                        Visit my website!!

Cool Characters Make your text cool
                        My DVD Collection

Comment

• doctorhardware
                          Lord of Digital Video
                          Lord of Digital Video
                          • Dec 2006

Well if I were a betting man, I would bet that WOW is not available here also. It took over 10 years to just get basic DSL and high speed cable internet access.

Comment

• photo_angel2004
                            Queen of Digital Video
                            Queen of Digital Video
                            • Jan 2004

Originally Posted by doctorhardware
                            I wish that Time Warner was an option here I would jump at it for that price, but for now I am waiting for fiberoptic to be installed. Then let the speed begin.
                            Whats funny is here a lot of people complain that Time Warner keeps raising rates. When actually the first 2 years of my "All in One Plan" started at $119.99 with taxes it was about $129.somthing per month.

Now that other companies are out there giving time warner some compition they actually lowered the All In One package so now I am on my 3rd year with it and paying less now then I did 3 years ago.

Also the slamming laws were set in WI some years ago but that doesnt stop companies from 3rd party billing. And thats where the real problem is.

For those that think they have never had a problem with AT&T check you bills closely!!!!!! They have made the news so many times I cant count that high any more. Some people may never see a $3000.00 charge but almost everyone gets billed anywhere from $0.21 to $2.00 / take that times several million people they do that to per month / per year !!
                            Most people that are being ripped off dont even know it.

AT&T really are not doing very well in WI any more now that they are forced to lease out the phone lines many other phone companies are jumping in and may charge higher rates but dont allow 3rd party billing so in the end its less money and less time. They are hurting in this state so bad they are almost giving phone service for free now and people are still running from them. LOL

But they keep taking over in other states they are not just a long distance provider anymore.

Time Warner Cable is expanding in more and more states now too if your in iL. Keep watching for them I know they are in that state now I dont know what part of that state they are in now though. They are growing with each month and year that passes though. When ever you see an e-mail addy ending with .rr.com thats time warner.

IMGburn ** ** Nero 6.6.0.18 **Intelli Type Pro 6.1 **

Comment

• atifsh
                              Lord of Digital Video
                              Lord of Digital Video
                              • May 2003

my dsl company just doubled the speed without any more bills.... 512 to 1 mb

problem some underground work in progress near my place damaged the phone wires so i have to wait 3 4 days to have fun with that..
                              Seems like as soon you buy somehing, v. 2 comes out 1.5 times as fast!..!

Comment

Working...