is there a program that can burn dvd's from mpegs?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DVDFan1969
    • Nov 2005

is there a program that can burn dvd's from mpegs?

if this is not the right board,i apologize but every dvd burning program i know does .vcd's from Mpegs but not DVD's. Any help would be appreciated.
  • blutach
    Not a god of digital video
    • Oct 2004

Well, first you need to convert the MPEG into a basic DVD structure.

Perhaps a prog like TMPG DVD Author can help.

Regards
    Les

Essential progs - [PgcEdit] [VobBlanker] [MenuShrink] [IfoEdit] [Muxman] [DVD Remake Pro] [DVD Rebuilder] [BeSweet] [Media Player Classic] [DVDSubEdit] [ImgBurn]

Media and Burning - [Golden Rules of Burning] [Media quality] [Fix your DMA] [Update your Firmware] [What's my Media ID Code?] [How to test your disc]
    [What's bitsetting?] [Burn dual layer disks safely] [Why not to burn with Ner0] [Interpret Ner0's burn errors] [Got bad playback?] [Burner/Media compatibility]

Cool Techniques - [2COOL's guides] [Clean your DVD] [Join a flipper] [Split into 2 DVDs] [Save heaps of Mb] [How to mock strip] [Cool Insert Clips]

Real useful info - [FAQ INDEX] [Compression explained] [Logical Remapping of Enabled Streams] [DVD-Replica] [Fantastic info on DVDs]

You should only use genuine Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden media. Many thanks to www.pcx.com.au for their supply and great service.

Explore the sites and the programs - there's a gold mine of information in them

Don't forget to play the Digital Digest Quiz!!! (Click here)

Comment

• MikeyBK
      Digital Video Maniac
      • Feb 2006

Originally Posted by DVDFan1969
      if this is not the right board,i apologize but every dvd burning program i know does .vcd's from Mpegs but not DVD's. Any help would be appreciated.
      If you are saying that you would like to make a DVD from mpegs, then Nero Vision Express can do this.
      MBK

Antec 900 ATX Mid Tower
      Antec True Power Trio 650W PSU
      ABIT IP35 Pro LGA 775 Intel Motherboard
      Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 2.4GHz CPU (Overclocking @ 2.9GHz)
      XFX GeForce 8600GT 256MB GDDR3 Video Card
      Patriot eXtreme Performance (2 x 1GB) DDR2 SDRAM
      Seagate Barracuda(Perpendicular Recording) 320GB SATA 3.0Gb

*SAMSUNG 18X LightScribe SATA SH-S183L DVD±R
      *Sony DRU-810A IDE DVD±R
      *BenQ LS DW1655 IDE DVD±R

Comment

• DVDFan1969
        • Nov 2005

yeah

yeah well nero vision is not free however. but anyway... if it was i'd take it in a heart beat.

Comment

• MikeyBK
          Digital Video Maniac
          • Feb 2006

yeah well nero vision is not free however. but anyway... if it was i'd take it in a heart beat.

If you're looking for free, then you can probably use the older version of VSO DivxToDVD and convert those mpegs to DVD format first. as Blu has suggested, then you can burn with whatever burn engine.

Let me try to find the link for the free version.
          MBK

Antec 900 ATX Mid Tower

*Sony DRU-810A IDE DVD±R

Comment

• MikeyBK
            Digital Video Maniac
            • Feb 2006

Here's the link, make sure to download the free version.
            Free & Fast Downloads for DivXToDVD Converter 1.99.24: download the latest versions of DivXToDVD

It might not be as of the best conversion quality as compared to a purchased conversion software like ConvertxToDVD, TMPGEnc, or 1Click DivxToDVD though. These pay for softwares all come with free trials,

Edit: Sorry, DVF seems to be blocking my attempts to post that link and setting it's own by default.
            Last edited by MikeyBK; 13 Sep 2006, 09:04 AM.
            MBK

Antec 900 ATX Mid Tower

*Sony DRU-810A IDE DVD±R

Comment

• DVDFan1969
              • Nov 2005

Thanks

As far as i can tell it works great. I have an additional question as well. Is there some kind of DVD to Mpeg convertor as well? like a way for me to select scenes (not necessarily chapters) from a DVD? like if there was a scene i wanted that lasted from 23:00 to 24:30,i can select that time frame to turn into an mpeg,then i can use this DivxtoDVD to make a new DVD? if so,please let me know.

Comment

• coodbe
                • Aug 2005

Originally Posted by MikeyBK
                Here's the link, make sure to download the free version.
                Free & Fast Downloads for DivXToDVD Converter 1.99.24: download the latest versions of DivXToDVD

It might not be as of the best conversion quality as compared to a purchased conversion software like ConvertxToDVD, TMPGEnc, or 1Click DivxToDVD though. These pay for softwares all come with free trials,

Edit: Sorry, DVF seems to be blocking my attempts to post that link and setting it's own by default.
                Which program would you deem to be better 1Click DivxtoDVD or ConvertxToDVD? Is one program more versatile than the other or more quicker to convert than the other? The first thing I noticed is that 1 Click does not have a viewing window like the VSO program. Do they have any editing abilities? I have DivixtoDVD. I think it came with CopytoDVD 3.3.1.0. To my knowledge you can't edit with it. I have TMPGEnc and you can edit before the author and burn.

Comment

• DVDFan1969
                  • Nov 2005

well i would like to know still if there is any VOB to MPEG conversion software that is free out there. maybe we could concentrate on that first hehe.
                  Last edited by DVDFan1969; 13 Sep 2006, 11:17 AM.

Comment

• MikeyBK
                    Digital Video Maniac
                    • Feb 2006

Since TMPGEnc, ConvertXToDVD, and 1ClickDivxToDVD all have free trials, each person can try them all out and decide which is best for their needs.
                    I personally preferred 1ClickDivxToDVD over the other two since I was working mainly with VHS captures converted to DVD format and 1Click DivxToDVD not only was the fastest, it also retained virtually all of the remaining video quality from the less than digital quality of the VHS captures.

Now if DVDfan is working with higher bitrate mpeg files, then perhaps TMPGEnc would be a better fit for him so that he can edit with it as well.

Lastly, I'm not sure why you would want to get video clips from DVD format and convert them to MPEGs and then convert them back to DVD format? There will surely be some video qualioty loss by doing that.
                    You can just use DVD Shrink and pull whatever clips (frames, chapters, or 1/2 a DVD) from each DVD in DVD format and then compile them back together in DVD format using DVD Shrinks' Start/End function in Re-Author mode.
                    MBK

Antec 900 ATX Mid Tower

*Sony DRU-810A IDE DVD±R

Comment

• DVDFan1969
                      • Nov 2005

i corrected myself last post

I actually just corrected myself. I found out that program you recommended can take vob's from the DVD and put it in your hard drive and thought maybe there was a free vob to mpeg convertor.

Comment

• coodbe
                        • Aug 2005

Originally Posted by MikeyBK
                        Since TMPGEnc, ConvertXToDVD, and 1ClickDivxToDVD all have free trials, each person can try them all out and decide which is best for their needs.
                        I personally preferred 1ClickDivxToDVD over the other two since I was working mainly with VHS captures converted to DVD format and 1Click DivxToDVD not only was the fastest, it also retained virtually all of the remaining video quality from the less than digital quality of the VHS captures.

Now if DVDfan is working with higher bitrate mpeg files, then perhaps TMPGEnc would be a better fit for him so that he can edit with it as well.

Lastly, I'm not sure why you would want to get video clips from DVD format and convert them to MPEGs and then convert them back to DVD format? There will surely be some video qualioty loss by doing that.
                        You can just use DVD Shrink and pull whatever clips (frames, chapters, or 1/2 a DVD) from each DVD in DVD format and then compile them back together in DVD format using DVD Shrinks' Start/End function in Re-Author mode.
                        Well I have used TMPGEnc for editing the commercials off of video that I had copied onto DVD-Ram (on a standalone DVD recorder) from television (satellite). I edited and authored the DVD-Ram to a DVD-R using TMPGEnc.

I have the ability to download directly to the computer with composite cable using an external video card (Pinnacle systems, File version 2.7.1.8). That is where the other two programs would be used. However because of the composite connection I am not sure of the quality of the finished product.
                        Last edited by coodbe; 13 Sep 2006, 01:07 PM.

Comment

• DVDFan1969
                          • Nov 2005

anyone?

If you can help me find a cool free VOB to MPEG or even AVI tool,that'd be great.

Comment

• blutach
                            Not a god of digital video
                            • Oct 2004

@DVDFan1969
                            Please do not bump your posts - Please observe rule 14.

Warning issued.

Regards
                            Les

Essential progs - [PgcEdit] [VobBlanker] [MenuShrink] [IfoEdit] [Muxman] [DVD Remake Pro] [DVD Rebuilder] [BeSweet] [Media Player Classic] [DVDSubEdit] [ImgBurn]

Media and Burning - [Golden Rules of Burning] [Media quality] [Fix your DMA] [Update your Firmware] [What's my Media ID Code?] [How to test your disc]
                            [What's bitsetting?] [Burn dual layer disks safely] [Why not to burn with Ner0] [Interpret Ner0's burn errors] [Got bad playback?] [Burner/Media compatibility]

Cool Techniques - [2COOL's guides] [Clean your DVD] [Join a flipper] [Split into 2 DVDs] [Save heaps of Mb] [How to mock strip] [Cool Insert Clips]

Real useful info - [FAQ INDEX] [Compression explained] [Logical Remapping of Enabled Streams] [DVD-Replica] [Fantastic info on DVDs]

You should only use genuine Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden media. Many thanks to www.pcx.com.au for their supply and great service.

Explore the sites and the programs - there's a gold mine of information in them

Don't forget to play the Digital Digest Quiz!!! (Click here)

Comment

• MikeyBK
                              Digital Video Maniac
                              • Feb 2006

Originally Posted by coodbe
                              Well I have used TMPGEnc for editing the commercials off of video .
                              I use VideoReDo for that on TV shows and Movies I record off the TV using my WinTV PVR Tuner card, and it's extremely quick, powerful, and outputs a great quality.

And in fact it does exactly what DVDfan wanted in this post>
                              As far as i can tell it works great. I have an additional question as well. Is there some kind of DVD to Mpeg convertor as well? like a way for me to select scenes (not necessarily chapters) from a DVD? like if there was a scene i wanted that lasted from 23:00 to 24:30,i can select that time frame to turn into an mpeg
                              Unfortunately it's not free.
                              If you must have free DVDFan try this freeware >
                              MediaCoder is an audio/video batch transcoder, putting together many excellent audio/video softwares from the open source community into one friendly GUI.

I personally haven't used it (bit over the top for my needs) but a few mwmbers here have tried it and gave it rave reviews.
                              MBK

Antec 900 ATX Mid Tower

*Sony DRU-810A IDE DVD±R

Comment

Working...