Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • druqs
    • Jan 2006

AutoGK

I encoded a DVD movie using autogk using target quality of 100% and the source was 720x480 however the avi that was created using it is now 720x400. Is there any way to leave the video untouched and in it's original resolution. The only thing I changed in the program was the DivX codec instead of the XviD, Please help.
  • paglamon
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Aug 2005

Click on Advanced Settings. There u can choose Fixed Width. For more options click Ctrl+F9.
    sigpic

ONLY MOMENTS LINGER...DEWDROPS ON A FALLEN LEAF

Comment

• druqs
      • Jan 2006

I've tried different things in the more options list and every movie keeps getting chopped from 480 to 400. One movie was change from 702x480 to 720x352...???
      I dont understand why it can't make an exact copy of it. I'm not even trying to compress it. It can use all the space it wants.

Comment

• celtic_druid
        Digital Video Expert
        Digital Video Expert
        • Dec 2005

Not sure if AutoGK can do non 1:1 PAR encodes. You might need to use something else.

If you don't want to compress then leaving it MPEG-2 would be the best option.

Comment

• druqs
          • Jan 2006

What program can I use for a 1:1 copy of the movie leaving the resolution and sound untouched?

Comment

• paglamon
            Lord of Digital Video
            Lord of Digital Video
            • Aug 2005

What do u mean by 1:1 copy? U r trying to change the file type from MPEG2 to XVid(or DivX) avi. I am not very sure about it but please try AVIDemux or MeGUI and see if they meet ur expectation. If I understand u correctly, then, u r trying to encode a DVD to AVI keeping the original resolution and nearly the same quality.
            And as Celtic said, why do u wish to convert if u want an exact copy?
            sigpic

ONLY MOMENTS LINGER...DEWDROPS ON A FALLEN LEAF

Comment

Working...