Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • speedpicking
    • May 2002

Macrivision in Power DVD 4.0

How can I remove Macrovision protection in Power dvd 4.0, I've no problems with Power DVD 3.0.
    The Video adapter is a Voodoo 3 3000 TV-OUT.
    I hope that you can help me
    Thanks.
  • fengtao
    • Mar 2002

Hi speedpicking,

If you want to watch DVDs on TV without Macrovision, you should try DVDIdle.

It has Macrovision-Free feature, which supports PowerDVD 3.0/XP, WinDVD 2000/3.0, CinePlayer 4.0 and other player softwares.

No matter what video card you use, DVDIdle can disable Macrovision for you.

DVD Region+CSS Free - Remove any DVD copy protection, such as Region, CSS, Sony ARccOS, etc.
    DVDFab - DVD copy software, copy DVD to DVDR perfectly!
    DVDIdle - Extend lifetime of your DVD drive!
    http://www.dvdidle.com/

Comment

• richark2
      • Jun 2002

DVDVidle isn't a panacea! (or is it!)

I'm afraid DVDidle doesn't work for everything. I use an NVidia Geforce 4 420 G setup and WinDVD3 and the Macrovision disabling does not work.
      TVTool may well work for NVidia cards but GF4 cards are not yet supported.

Actually, the failure wasn't anything to do with DVDidle. Just me not making the TV screen the primary monitor. Doh!

Apologies Fengtao.
      Last edited by richark2; 7 Jun 2002, 07:19 AM.

Comment

• fengtao
        • Mar 2002

Please contact me at fengtao@dvdidle.com, and I'll try my best to solve your problem.
        DVD Region+CSS Free - Remove any DVD copy protection, such as Region, CSS, Sony ARccOS, etc.
        DVDFab - DVD copy software, copy DVD to DVDR perfectly!
        DVDIdle - Extend lifetime of your DVD drive!
        http://www.dvdidle.com/

Comment

• suzu
          • Sep 2005

Thanks!

Originally Posted by richark2
          I'm afraid DVDidle doesn't work for everything. I use an NVidia Geforce 4 420 G setup and WinDVD3 and the Macrovision disabling does not work.
          TVTool may well work for NVidia cards but GF4 cards are not yet supported.

Actually, the failure wasn't anything to do with DVDidle. Just me not making the TV screen the primary monitor. Doh!

Apologies Fengtao.
          I couldn't see movies (in any format) played on my PC through my TV and thanks to this trick now I can: making TV screen the primary monitor solves the Macrovision protection problem, no matter the DVD player. At least, in my case. So thanks again!

Comment

Working...