X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LilGeez
    • Sep 2006

DivX/Xvid Playback issues after NVidia card install

Hi all

I've been running a shuttle XPC (SB75G2), for about 2 years now. Since I want to keep using it for a while longer as a media server I thought I'd upgrade (slightly), so it would last me another year or two.

I swapped out my Generic Radeon X800 XT for a Leadtek WinFast A7600 GT TDH.

Now the problem is that all my DivX/Xvid playbacks through Microsoft Mediaplayer are in black and white with, say, the top fifth of the screen displying a green band.

At first I thought this was my codecs but on further investigation this seems to be a problem with the NVidia drivers. I installed the latest driver pack from NVidia (initially) and will install the drivers I got out of the box tonight to see if this fixes the problem. I'll update later.

Does anyone else have any more suggestions or has anyone has a similar problem and has resolved it.

Cheers

Geezer
  • anonymez
    Super Moderator
    • Mar 2004

welcome to the forum

nvidia and ati drivers (or whatever's left of them) don't get along, best solution is to format the hard disk and perform a clean install. you should have initially completely removed them with say ati uninstall utility and driver cleaner; won't hurt to give driver cleaner a shot now

moved to general computing
    "What were the things in Gremlins called?" - Karl Pilkington

Comment

• LilGeez
      • Sep 2006

Yep I used the ATI uninstall utility and (stupidly) thought that would do the trick. I'll try driver cleaner when I get in this evening.

I'd do anything than rebuild this again. I work all day with computers and wouldn't like to rebuild mine again. It's a good few days planning an action.....

Comment

• volfann
        Digital Video Enthusiast
        Digital Video Enthusiast
        • Jun 2006

Which Forceware are you using with the 7600GT? I tried 3 different versions before finding one compatible with my 7600. I had also switched from an ATI card..
        sigpic

Rent This Space

Comment

Working...