Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • quazy
    • Sep 2006

Why is it taking so long to burn a dvd

I am using a usb hard drive (80 gb matxtor) and a usb dvd burner (picificdigital). I bought a usb 2.0 pci card for my pc. My pc is a old p2 400mhz pc with 256mb of ram. I am using dvd shrink 3.2 with nero. My problems is when I install the usb card and burn a dvd. It does a total copy in like 40 min. Then I do another disk and it took a hr then another dvd it took 1.5hr...now it takes around 3 hrs to burn a dvd. I have no clue why it took only 30-45mins on the first dvd and now takes over 3hrs. And help I am greatfull for. If you can point me to a thread that has answered this ?. That would help also as it seams easier to ask then search threw hundreds of threads and not seem to find the answer. Thanks for all your help.
  • IndianPrincess
    Wild~N~Crazy
    • Dec 2005

Originally Posted by quazy
    My pc is a old p2 400mhz pc with 256mb of ram.
    Have you been deletin the old files after you are finished?
    IndianPrincess

Smile and the world smiles with you.
    sigpic

Comment

• quazy
      • Sep 2006

yes...i have done that....but it shouldnt matter cause it deletes the files when u save it to the folder anyways. Cause it asks you if you want to delete the files in this folder....also if i create a new folder and keep the old files in a diffrent folder it shouldnt matter correct?
      Last edited by quazy; 21 Sep 2006, 07:53 AM.

Comment

• quazy
        • Sep 2006

i am copying from the usb hard drive to the usb burner....there isnt enough space on the internal drive.
        Last edited by quazy; 21 Sep 2006, 07:55 AM.

Comment

• mill
          Im Off To See The Wizard
          • Oct 2005

Everyones computer is going to be different, there is no "set" time to encode and burn. What might take me 40 minutes to decrypt & encode, might take you 15 minutes on the same DVD depending on several critical factors & vise versa. Some critical factors may be, but not limited to: CPU speed, Memory, RAM, What other programs are running in the background, what else you are doing on the computer while it is encoding and burning (also called "multi-tasking"), there honestly is far too many to list. It really all depends on the problem honestly, as every problem has different factors and solutions.

Credit Jmet
          Keep Plugin away

Comment

• soup
            Just Trying To Help
            • Nov 2005

What program are you using to burn with & can you post a burn log?

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎