How to know the target file size in FlasKmpeg?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Blackbean
    • May 2002

How to know the target file size in FlasKmpeg?

Hi, I am a starting newbie trying to get DVD to avi conversion. I read the guide on this site and followed the instructions using smartripper and FlasKMpeg.
    One problem: I can't find any place that can indicate to me the final avi file size in FlasKMpeg 0.594. I wanted to limit it to sub 700Mb to put on one disk. Without that I can't really adjust the resolution etc.
    Any expert can give me some advice?
    Thank you!
  • Enchanter
    Old member
    • Feb 2002

A calculator should help a lot here. Also, if you're using DivX3.11, avoid using fast-motion, as it is very unpredictable and in addition, does not look good.

Comment

• Blackbean
      • May 2002

Thanks Enchanter. I am using the Divx 5.01. So you mean I should manually calculate the size? But what's the average compression rate of video and audio ( I am using MP3)?

Comment

• Enchanter
        Old member
        • Feb 2002

It's not easy to predict how well videos compress, but a calculator will definitely help you get a starting point, from where you can vary the bitrate to reach the desired filesize.

Comment

• Blackbean
          • May 2002

Got it. Thank you.

Comment

• techno
            Lord of Digital Video
            Lord of Digital Video
            • Nov 2001

Enchanter - fast motion looks great on some movies and file size is very very low!

Believe me I have tried it not once but 5 times on 5 different movies.

Techno

Comment

Working...