Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • walkerzx3
    • Sep 2006

Playback Problem

Hi guys, I am new to the burning world and have already learned a ton from this site so thanks for that. I have a problem when palying back a DVD -R. It palys just fine but anytime I put the movie on pause for a long period of time (5 minutes), and I push play, the DVD freezes, I have to hit stop and sometimes I have to restart the whole movie. I am burning with Ripit4me, DVD Shrink with Imgburn and then test the burn in DVD Info. I am using Sony16D1 as my media and am burning at 4x speed. This happens with all of my DVDR's. According to DVDInfo the burns are all perfect so is it just my DVD Player? I know the media I am using is considered 1st class media. Thanks in advance for the help.
    Oh yeh if I stop the movie and hit paly instead of pausing it, it works just fine (DVD player is on resume). SO is this normal?
  • photo_angel2004
    Queen of Digital Video
    Queen of Digital Video
    • Jan 2004

Hello,

It sound to me like your player doesnt like to be paused for long periods of time.

There are so many different players out there I dont know if there is a "normal" or not.

But if the movie plays fine when its not paused then I would think it may be more of a player issue rather than a burn issue.

Can you post a burn log so that we can see what is going on with the burn please.

IMGburn ** ** Nero 6.6.0.18 **Intelli Type Pro 6.1 **

Comment

• discman
      Digital Video Expert
      Digital Video Expert
      • Jul 2006

try some + media booktyped to dvd-rom.find out how by clicking here

Comment

• walkerzx3
        • Sep 2006

How do I go about finding and posting my burn log? I am a big time newbie.

Comment

• photo_angel2004
          Queen of Digital Video
          Queen of Digital Video
          • Jan 2004

I agree you may want to try a DVD+R and see if that makes a difference some player tend to do better with +R some do better with -R, You may want to read the owners manual to see what types of media are recomened for your player.

Keep in mind though if you booktype the dvd+r to a dvd -r it will act and read like a dvd-r.

You may want to try both ways and see what plays the best on your player.

See if you have a friend that you can borrow a dvd+r disc if you can. Or buy just a small pack of dvd+r disc to test that with.

I know one of my players will not play any dvd+r discs but my other player tends to like them better although it will play both.

Comment

• walkerzx3
            • Sep 2006

According to my manuel, my paleyr will play -r's but not +r's. Its not the end of the world I can just hit stop instead of pause I just didnt know if I did something wrong burning. I need to try some other DVD players and see if maybe its just mine.

Comment

• photo_angel2004
              Queen of Digital Video
              Queen of Digital Video
              • Jan 2004

Originally Posted by walkerzx3
              According to my manuel, my paleyr will play -r's but not +r's. Its not the end of the world I can just hit stop instead of pause I just didnt know if I did something wrong burning. I need to try some other DVD players and see if maybe its just mine.
              In that case then I personally would stay away from the dvd+r discs.

Here is a link that may help you posting a burn log:

Comment

• katzdvd
                Lord of Digital Video
                Lord of Digital Video
                • Feb 2006

It plays just fine but anytime I put the movie on pause for a long period of time (5 minutes), and I push play, the DVD freezes
                How old is the unit? I had a player that was old/dying, & just before it went, it exibited this type of behaviour. Could also try running a cleaning disc on the player; maybe the lens is dirty.

regards, katz

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎