• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Steve83
    Bronco Guru
    • May 2006

Lite-On 165 Retail $35 shipped

SHM-165H6S retail @ NewEgg
    16x+-R/ROM, 8x+RW, 6x-RW, 48xCD-ROM, 5x -RAM, LightScribe, faceplates, Nero, PowerDVD

According to CDFreaks, this is a better burner/scanner than the benq 1655, and only lags slightly in ripping. I'm tetering on the brink of ordering one. Anyone have some experience with it that will kick me one way or the other?
    Walk softly and carry a BIG SIX!!!
  • Steve83
    Bronco Guru
    • May 2006

F-it; I ordered it. But I guess no one cares.

Comment

• durkinjt
      Banned
      • Jun 2006

Steve I purchased/installed the L-165H6S about 6Mos. ago works great.I never knew, just found, out on one of the Forum post's that the Lightscribe feature allows you to make a label by turning the disk over and it copies a label onto the disk. I have to try it, I think you will like this burner,
      Jimbo

Comment

• BR7
        He is coming to your little town!
        • Aug 2005

You got a good dealI decided to get me the LG Lightscribe GSA-H10L I haven't seen many reviews on it except for the one on PC World and for $39.99 I figured what the hell I'll give it a shot .They also gave a good review on your lite-on it shows it in the link I provided
        Last edited by BR7; 4 Oct 2006, 03:09 AM.

My Blu-ray Collection

Comment

• Steve83
          Bronco Guru
          • May 2006

I got it yesterday (shipped from a Memphis warehouse), but I haven't installed it yet. Someone on CDF mentioned trouble with swapping the faceplate, but I thought it was pretty easy & intuitive (even before I discovered the MASSIVE poster printed in ~18 languages).

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎