Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 15 of 23

Thread: Splip

Default Splip

Okay this is going to be a dumb question but I read the ImgBurn log, and it's says IFO Cell Boundary: SPLIP Flag Not Set, what does that supposed to mean?

Not a god of digital video blutach's Avatar

That is the seamless playback flag, better known in older terminology as the "layer break flag". If it is not set, it means the the cell is marked as non-seamless and the little layer break pause will be evident.

You can mark the cell as seamless in the Create Layer Break Position dialogue box. But beware, not all players can play a seamless cell across the layer break. You will need to test this out.

Regards

that Seamless option worked before on my DVD Player

you know what the weird thing is though Blutach, that the Create Layer Break had that No thing in the SPLIP, I didn't remove the layer break with DVD Shrink or RipIt4Me with DVD Decrypter ripping in movie only move, the layer break wasn't remove and it said Good, you know the blue star, and yet I still get that pause in the layer break when I click where the blue star is and where it says no in SPLIP, I find that weird

and yet I still get that pause in the layer break when I click where the blue star is and where it says no in SPLIP
    You need to select the option that says "Yes" in the SPLIP column for seamless playback.

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person. It's not fair to you and no challenge for us."
    Walt Kelly

wow so I do have to use the seamless option in the Create Layer Break window then, I didn't knew that

at first I thought when I saw the blue star in the Layer Break window which means Very Good and then I saw the No in there, I thought it meant no it doesn't need anything like you know, no pause or anything, I didn't knew you have to make it seamless yourself, but I'm guessing that Blue Star, since I didn't remove the layer break with movie only mode in DVD Shrink, I was guessing that it is the original layer break then, where I saw the blue star at

well thanks for the help and thanks for letting me know that I needed to tick the Seamless Option if SPLIP said No
    Last edited by ElBoricua433; 10 Oct 2006 at 09:33 AM

Ahh! So if I read all of these correctly:

SPLIP marked as "Yes" will yield a seamless layer break regardless of the tick status of the "Seamless" box at the bottom of the window.

SPLIP marked as "No" will require the box to be ticked in order to yield a seamless layer break.

well yeah basically

Thread Information