Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ronfelder
    • Sep 2006

Sony Vegas Platinum version 7.0

just started using the above software. Used to use version 4.0. I capture my analog video in mpeg-2 format. It worked perfecftly the captured video in ver 4.0. I have problems of crashing software using mpeg-2 in ver 7.0.. I was told by Sony to convert mpeg-2 video to an avi . It works fine doing this but my questions is why am I having problems using mpeg-2 in version 7.0? The features say it supports this format so it should work. Sony said version 7.0 wants uncompressed video and that is why avi's work while mpeg-2's don't in that they're compressed. Is this this the fix or just a work around fix because he didn't know of any other solution to the problem?

I am unable to capture in the avi format and that is why i'm using version 4.0 to convert the video formats. Am I loosing anything by doing this conversion besides the time it takes to do the conversion?

Ron
  • idevelop.tv
    idevelop.tv
    • Jul 2007

Hi Ron,
    I am a newbie to this editing stuff. I just bought Sony Vegas 7.0 myself and I am having troubles just trying to add text :lol:

do you know of any online video tutorials for sony vegas that are not on youtube (Blocked in Thailand)??
    sorry for adding nothing to your thread in the way of help.

Comment

Working...