Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • damion_dark8
    • Oct 2006

New DVD Burner, Same Problems!

Hi guys. I used to have a Sony crx320a cd burner, and i though it was a piece of sh*t. The reason I thought it was crappy was because everytime I goto burn a cd it fails. Using Nero, the second I click burn, I see the buffer bar thing fill up, I hear the drive charge up, then it slows down to a stop immediately. Then it spins up again, and slows down again. And this process continues for about 5 minutes until I ultimatly get a burning failed at 40X error. I figured it was my computer, so I bought a new Pioneer DVR-111D CD/DVD Burner. Hoping that would fix the problem I installed the cd rom. I still have the same problem. Only like 1 out of every 10 cds I burn is successful. I've checked my firmware version and its is up to date (1.23). I've tried to enable DMA but with no luck. I go to dvice manager>ATA/ATAPI Controllers>NVIDIA Nforce 2 Controller (v2.6)> then to secondary channel tab
    and the pioneer is on there but everything is greyed out. The only thing checked is let bios select transfer mode. I don't know what to do guys. If yall could help I'd be really appreciative. Attatched to this post is the log to one of my latast nero burn failures. This is generally what happens all the time.

<ide>
    <scsi></scsi></pv7484b></ide></pioneer>
    Attached Files
  • Dan
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Dec 2005

You need to get that DMA turned on. 40x is way too fast IMO. Try a slow burn and see what result you get.

Comment

• photo_angel2004
      Queen of Digital Video
      Queen of Digital Video
      • Jan 2004

Hello and welcome to the forum,
      What kind of cds are trying to burn, audio or video?

IMGburn ** ** Nero 6.6.0.18 **Intelli Type Pro 6.1 **

Comment

• damion_dark8
        • Oct 2006

I tried to turn DMA on but it is greyed out. If I uncheck "let bios select transfer mode" I can manipulate the settings. But what setting should I put it at. The highest DMA setting on the lsit is ULTRA DMA 4 Ultra 66. I am trying to burn a 699 MB video file (I think Avi or Divx) onto a cd. So yeah I'm trying to make a data cd. I am using Pro-Media brand 52X 80min/700MB CDS.

Comment

• photo_angel2004
          Queen of Digital Video
          Queen of Digital Video
          • Jan 2004

It is possible it may not be in the right format to burn to a disc.

Do you want this to play on stand alone dvd players or just on your computer?

If you want it to play on a stand alone then burning a data disc wont work.

699 mb probably wont fit either since a blank cd is 700 mb you dont really get a full 700 mb to use on a blank.

And 40X is way to fast for video try 8 or 12 X for video cd.

IMGburn ** ** Nero 6.6.0.18 **Intelli Type Pro 6.1 **

Comment

Working...