Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Craftmaster
    • Aug 2006

A good practice double layer

I use Verbatim DVD+R double layers for all my best quality copying. When I do a copy to test or practice, I use the Best Buy house brand called "Dynex" double layer DVD+R . They are cheap as far as double layers go and I have not had a coaster yet, knock on wood. I paid $11.99 for 5 with jewel cases. Not bad and they weren't even on sale. The copy quality was outstanding even on my High Def.TV. Just thought I would pass it along. I always use RipIt4Me, DVD Decrypter, FixVTS, and ImgBurn to copy.
  • Gary D
    King of Digital Video
    King of Digital Video
    • Dec 2005

Expensive pratice discs at $2.40 apiece. You might as well buy the quality Verbs at that price for how little you are saving.

Quality is the answer, quantity is the solution. Google search DL Verbatims and compare prices. On sale (sometimes with rebates) are down to a $2 a disc.

Buy a couple of spindles and when you start the last one, start looking for more. It should give you a couple of months (weeks) to find cheaper ones.
    Gary D

Comment

• Craftmaster
      • Aug 2006

Good advise Gary D.
      I'll do that now that I have trained myself with help from the Forum.
      Thanks

Comment

• locoeng
        Who Farted?
        • Dec 2005

I agree with GaryD, I bought a 20 spindle of Verbatim DVD+R printables from NewEgg for $22.00 after rebate...best price I've seen yet, but it's been a while.

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person. It's not fair to you and no challenge for us."
        Walt Kelly

Comment

Working...