X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • durkinjt
    Banned
    • Jun 2006

Lite-on Problem

Lately my burner, Lite-on 165P6SM, is not recognizing some disks, I have to reboot my system, then it works, then after a few more burns it does it again, is there any way to overcome this, or do I need a new burner?
  • toomanycats
    Digital Video Expert
    Digital Video Expert
    • Apr 2005

Is it still under warranty? I have dealt with their Tech support before and I have found them to be easy to deal with. Try a firmware update. If it is still under warranty ask for a R/A and they will troubleshoot it for you and/or give you another unit.

Comment

• durkinjt
      Banned
      • Jun 2006

Not under warranty

Comment

• LT. Columbo
        Demigod of Digital Video
        • Nov 2004

so check for a firmware update as suggested.
        "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
        Columbo moments...
        "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
        "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
        (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• toomanycats
          Digital Video Expert
          Digital Video Expert
          • Apr 2005

Not to be flippant but with the price of burners these days I wouldn't put more than a half an into a burner before buying a new one. If you get a new one and it happens again you might want to check the IDE header pin on the MOBO to see if the connections are overheated or if the sotters are loose. By having 2 DVD burners it is easier to trouble shoot the system. I keep an extra one for that reason. I got an AOpen DVD burner from Tigerdirect for $29.95 about 3 mos. ago.

Comment

• durkinjt
            Banned
            • Jun 2006

It gets wierder, I find out now it will accept disks with data on it, or a dvd+rw, but won't accept my dvd- disks, and when a dvd- disk in in the drive, if I click on that drive in "My Computer", the whole system freezes?

Comment

• toomanycats
              Digital Video Expert
              Digital Video Expert
              • Apr 2005

Try doing a System restore. If the same thing happens get another burner. If you know someone who has an old one you could try switching before you get another one but it sounds like, barring any software issue, that it is dying. They sure are cheap now.

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎