Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TorontoNewb
    • Oct 2006

skipping problem

I have been using Rip it for me for around a month now and it has been working great except

whenever it gets to the end of a movie like the last 10 min it starts skipping like crazy. I have tried burning onto different discs and that didn't seem to help and my sister borrowed one of the dvd's and she said it didn't skip at all
    now since then she has tried others and some skip some don't and I have another dvd player here at home and sometimes if something skips on one dvd player it won't skip on the other so I tried going out to CC and buying a new dvd player brought it home and had the same problems.

maybe its a setting that I am not checking because I searched these forums and couldn't really find anyone else with the same problem
  • soup
    Just Trying To Help
    • Nov 2005

Could mean you are burning too close to the edge of the disc. A posted burn log might tell us a whole lot more.

Comment

• TorontoNewb
      • Oct 2006

how can I get the burn log?

Comment

• Chewy
        Super Moderator
        • Nov 2003

Originally Posted by TorontoNewb
        how can I get the burn log?
        what software do you burn with(shrink etc doesn't burn)

Comment

• codajohn
          Digital Video Expert
          Digital Video Expert
          • Jul 2005

Sounds like it could be a media quality problem. What type are you using? Also burn speed could be the issue. Burner firmware up to date?
          Link to Golden Rules of Burning below in signature.
          CJ
          My DVD Collection
          Register To Join Digital Video Forums

Dell Inspiron 9100 Laptop, Windows XP Home SP 2 (build 2600), 2.80GH Pent 4, ST94811A 40GB HD, 2GB RAM, NEC DVD+RW ND-6100A 104D, ATI MOBILITY RADEON 9700, External 250GB Maxtor HD, External LG-5163D A105

IBM ThinkCenter 8189, XP Pro, 3.2GH Pentium 4, 120 GB HD, 1GB Ram, BENQ DW1650 BCIC, Nvidia GeForce FX 5200, Generic floppy disk drive (3.5")

The Golden Rules of Burning

Comment

• timber
            • Oct 2006

Maybe you already checked, but this is someting I ran into once....k, maybe twice... It sounds so simple once you think of it.... I burned a backup a few weeks ago and in my handling of the virgin disc by the edges, my chubby fingers accidently left a small smudge just along the edge which was not very visible... until i burned the copy. The lazer didn't penetrate the oils left by my fingers, as a result, you could see where the burning took place, except for a small spot along the edge ...The end results were exactly as you described, skipping like crazy near the end of the movie. I quickly saw the problem once I inspected the DVD more closely and adjusted my handling accordingly. It sounds simple, but its something else you can cross off your list once you check.

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎