Showing results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Fast and the furious tokyo drift Dvd gets stuck at blue pg-13 screen

Default Fast and the furious tokyo drift Dvd gets stuck at blue pg-13 screen

Hi all. I looked all up and down the forum for a thread leading to this error, I used Ripit4me,fixvts,dvd decrypter and dvd shrink to burn a successful back-up of "the fast and the furious, tokyo drift". Now when I try to play it in my Pioneer pvh6600 in dash dvd player in my truck, it freezes when it get to the blue PG-13 screen at the start of the movie. I tried it on my dvd player at home, and it works there. Is this a burn error, or it is a VTS problem?

Thanks for the assistance in advance.

Hi Blu! thanks for the welcome. Yes it does work in my pc player, on various dvd players, but not in my in dash player. The extras play fine, the coming soon videos play fine, just when i click on play it goes to the PG-13 screen and just sits there. Going to ensure firmware is up to date.

Funny, I burn't it again last night with my second dvd burner drive, a dual layer one, with a memorex max 8x write, but burn't at 4x and it worked. I originally tried it with my older dvd+r burner with a memorex max 16x write, and burn't at 4x as well, but had no success. Is there a particular reason for this?

@Frenzii:
    The firmware for each burner contains a look-up table that is 1- supposed to recognize the media and 2- select the writing strategy (the burn [laser intensity] parameters) for that particular media.
    If the firmware does not recognize a particular media, it uses default burn parameters, which, may not actually be compatible for that media.

PLus it sounds like you are subjectively comparing two different media (Mem 8x versus Mem 16x, probabley with different dyes by different manufacturers) on two different burners.

Periodically, the burner manufacturers supply updated firmware which, in some cases, improves write strategies for various media, but it is not necessarily always the case for all media. So many people flash (update) their firmware in order to help address media/burning issues.

Kindest Regards
    Last edited by gary172; 18 Oct 2006 at 05:05 AM
    ASUS P5K Deluxe, Q6700 + Thermalright Ultra120 Xtreme, ASUS EN8600GT, 2x1GB G.Skill 6400CL4D-2GBHK, 2 RAID-0 volumes, plus 1HD for O/S. Lian Li case.

Old system: IC7G-maxII, dual channel 512Meg, HT; 2.8P4; Plex 716A - F.W. 1.10; ICH5R Raid0; SilImg RAID0.

Thanks! I will try to look for firmware updates. I know my older burner is an LG 4082b and the newer one is a LG 4176. If anyone can locate the link to Lg's updates, let me know.

Here is one that is fairly comprehensive:

http://club.cdfreaks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=91

Kindest Regards
    ASUS P5K Deluxe, Q6700 + Thermalright Ultra120 Xtreme, ASUS EN8600GT, 2x1GB G.Skill 6400CL4D-2GBHK, 2 RAID-0 volumes, plus 1HD for O/S. Lian Li case.

Old system: IC7G-maxII, dual channel 512Meg, HT; 2.8P4; Plex 716A - F.W. 1.10; ICH5R Raid0; SilImg RAID0.

Thread Information