Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TastyNutz
    • Aug 2006

Need help with new NEC ND-3550A

I recently added some upgrades to my desktop, and decided to add a new burner while I was at it. The system is now as follows:

Athlon XP 1800, 1.52 GHz, 1 GB RAM, WinXP Pro, SP2, NEC ND-3550A (1.05 firmware), and 600+GB HDD capacity.

The only problem... I can't get a decent burn!

I use TYG02 media, with the same process I've been using with my laptop system. I edit with Menu Shrink, VOBBlanker... encode with DVDRebuilder using Procoder... then burn with Imgburn. It's produced great results. But not with the new NEC burner.

I've enabled DMA. I burn at 4x. I use good media. I'm not multitasking. Yet, I'm getting burns that are full of errors and won't play thru on my stand alone player.

Any suggestions?
    Dell Inspiron 5150, 3.06 Ghz, 1 Gb RAM, 40 Gb system HDD, 100 Gb external USB, WinXP Home SP2, NEC ND-6650A, Epson R-200.
  • Chewy
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2003

if the finished file(s) play from your computer fine but your burns are bad then I would suspect your burner is bad or you have a bad cable or weak power supply.

Comment

• TastyNutz
      • Aug 2006

I tried a couple more burns of the same file and Imgburn verified them without errors this time.

Whatever was wrong, seems better now.
      Dell Inspiron 5150, 3.06 Ghz, 1 Gb RAM, 40 Gb system HDD, 100 Gb external USB, WinXP Home SP2, NEC ND-6650A, Epson R-200.

Comment

• Gary D
        King of Digital Video
        King of Digital Video
        • Dec 2005

Update to 1Y6 firmware from this site: http://liggydee.cdfreaks.com/page/

Buy DVD+Rs discs and bitset them to DVD-ROMs. More Info: LINK: http://forum.digital-digest.com/show...threadid=46559
        Gary D

Comment

• locoeng
          Who Farted?
          • Dec 2005

I burn at 4x. I use good media.
          With the NEC and those excellent TY's you might also consider bumping your burn speed up to 6X or even 8X.

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person. It's not fair to you and no challenge for us."
          Walt Kelly

Comment

Working...