Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dykzeulb
    • Jun 2006

Had many succesful burns, NE need Help

Well, guys I downloaded RIPIT4ME, Not a HUGE fan of it, actuelly, the concept is terrific, the length of a backup is horrribe...Beggers cant be choosers right? anways guys here is a list of movies I successfully Copied...

-Monster House -FULL
    -The Ringer -FULL
    -Click -FULL....It was a tricky little bugger.....
    -Scary Movie 4- FULL
    -The Zodiak Killer- FULL
    -Over The Hedge -FULL
    -Tokyo Drift -FULL

I preserved the menus and languages, the quality is great, I burn at 4X, I could burn faster, however I dont like wasting blanks, I now have a bout 3 coasters out of the whole proceess.... , no big deal though right? Anyways guys, if you are new or are having trouble burning like getting the IO error, here is a fix, it worked for me via XP, Let it got hrough the burn process, click retry at least 4 times, sometimes this works, if not let the disc eject, throw it away...its useless, so run VTS once more, open it in shrink and back it up using decryptor, this worked well for the tougher movies, Like I said need any help with the above titles or just any other movies in here let me know, post a repply in this thread
  • Calimari
    • Oct 2006

Originally Posted by dykzeulb
    the length of a backup is horrribe...
    What do you mean by that? The size in MB? The processing time?

I burn at 4X, I could burn faster, however I dont like wasting blanks
    How did you determine the optimal write speed for your writer/media combination? Plextools XL? Nero CD-DVD Speed? DVDInfoPro?

I now have a bout 3 coasters out of the whole proceess....
    Damn, you already burn at 4X, and still get coasters. Maybe you should burn a little faster. Which burn software do you use, DVD Dec? You're up-to date, that's for sure.

if you are new or are having trouble burning like getting the IO error, here is a fix, it worked for me via XP, Let it got hrough the burn process, click retry at least 4 times, sometimes this works,
    That's your fix? A fix for what?

so run VTS once more
    You think running FixVTS again (if that's what you mean) will rescue you from burning coasters?

Like I said need any help with the above titles or just any other movies in here let me know, post a repply in this thread
    You really believe people will ask for your help?

I didn't get the usefull info in this post. Did you forgot it or did I miss it?

Here's my advice to you:

1) It seems to me you have a problem. Provide us with more details of your soft/hardware and backup procedure. Post logs. People might help YOU out, you never know...

2) Be a little more modest. If you have a problem, just ask it in these forums, that's why they exist. But please, don't come with a 'fix' like yours. The author of RipIt4Me provided us with a great tool. He puts his time in it, responds to bug reports, all for free. If you don't like the program, that's your right, simply don't use it. But please, don't criticise a ripping program because you have a burning problem and don't seem to find a solution.
    Why do you post a burning problem in this forum?
    I/O error is caused by bad media, bad quality dvd drive, spyware...
    So do some investigation on your system.

3)Stay away from crack.

Comment

• Gary D
      Lord of Digital Video
      Lord of Digital Video
      • Dec 2005

Well, guys I downloaded RIPIT4ME, Not a HUGE fan of it, actuelly, the concept is terrific, the length of a backup is horrribe...Beggers cant be choosers right? anways guys here is a list of movies I successfully Copied...

-Monster House -FULL
      -The Ringer -FULL
      -Click -FULL....It was a tricky little bugger.....
      -Scary Movie 4- FULL
      -The Zodiak Killer- FULL
      -Over The Hedge -FULL
      -Tokyo Drift -FULL

I preserved the menus and languages, the quality is great, I burn at 4X, I could burn faster, however I dont like wasting blanks, I now have a bout 3 coasters out of the whole proceess.... , no big deal though right? Anyways guys, if you are new or are having trouble burning like getting the IO error, here is a fix, it worked for me via XP, Let it got hrough the burn process, click retry at least 4 times, sometimes this works, if not let the disc eject, throw it away...its useless, so run VTS once more, open it in shrink and back it up using decryptor, this worked well for the tougher movies, Like I said need any help with the above titles or just any other movies in here let me know, post a repply in this thread
      Could you attach a burning log? This will tell us a lot of info about your burner and system and possible problems. Without this info, it is only guessing what is wrong.

See my signature on how to attach a NeroLog.

But here is some necessary reading first called the "Golden Rules of Burning".
      LINK: http://forum.digital-digest.com/show...threadid=49635
      Gary D

Comment

• blutach
        Not a god of digital video
        • Oct 2004

@Calimari - your reference to crack is inappropriate.

As this seems to be a burning issue and not a ripping one, I'll move the thread to Blank Media and Burning forum.

Regards
        Les

Essential progs - [PgcEdit] [VobBlanker] [MenuShrink] [IfoEdit] [Muxman] [DVD Remake Pro] [DVD Rebuilder] [BeSweet] [Media Player Classic] [DVDSubEdit] [ImgBurn]

Media and Burning - [Golden Rules of Burning] [Media quality] [Fix your DMA] [Update your Firmware] [What's my Media ID Code?] [How to test your disc]
        [What's bitsetting?] [Burn dual layer disks safely] [Why not to burn with Ner0] [Interpret Ner0's burn errors] [Got bad playback?] [Burner/Media compatibility]

Cool Techniques - [2COOL's guides] [Clean your DVD] [Join a flipper] [Split into 2 DVDs] [Save heaps of Mb] [How to mock strip] [Cool Insert Clips]

Real useful info - [FAQ INDEX] [Compression explained] [Logical Remapping of Enabled Streams] [DVD-Replica] [Fantastic info on DVDs]

You should only use genuine Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden media. Many thanks to www.pcx.com.au for their supply and great service.

Explore the sites and the programs - there's a gold mine of information in them

Don't forget to play the Digital Digest Quiz!!! (Click here)

Comment

• jamoskeag3
          Digital Video Master
          Digital Video Master
          • Nov 2005

dyk,
          what brand of media do you use? Verbatims?

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎