Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: NERO 6, what a Pain! Any alternatives?

Default NERO 6, what a Pain! Any alternatives?

OK, this isnt about NERO Recode but i wasnt sure where else to start the therad. Nero 6 OEM Suite has been on my machine for about 2 weeks. It came with an HP External dvd recorder. Nero worked fine until now. But Now it crashes after launching. Othe than DVDSHRINK, nothing new was installed on my desktop. And DVD shrink was installed a few says after NERO

So I try to uninstall NERO and then reinstall. Now I get error reading "An error occured during the copy process; error 2, file disc.dll The system cannot find the file specified." What the helll??????

What sux about NERO is their support. You can only get email support and it takes days to get a response.

Any alternatives to NERO?
    Last edited by marks_c5tt; 8 Nov 2006 at 04:19 AM

Super Moderatress

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
    Last edited by cynthia; 8 Nov 2006 at 10:03 AM

Quote Originally Posted by cynthia View Post
    What version of Nero are you struggling with? 6.x.x.x?
    I believe it was Nero 6.0. I uninstalled it and keep getting the above error when reinstalling. The OEM Disk states Nero 6 and the install process shows Nero 6 with no additional x.x.x. So I take that to mean its 6.0

EDIT: OK, I was just succesful at re-installing NERO 6 Suite. I cleaned the DVD Disc real good. I suspected the dvd disk when I tried another install and I received a different "Cannot find file" error.

The disc is only 2 weeks old and i try to be careful with DVD's. Anyway, now i will see if the new install still crashes.
    Last edited by marks_c5tt; 8 Nov 2006 at 05:18 AM

Quote Originally Posted by blutach View Post
    Try freeware - ImgBurn. Ner0=Zer0

Regards
    Thanks.

I am now using the freeware to burn images as I cannot rely on NERO. I dont know where we woud be without the freeware developers. Kudos to all those guys in this industry.

Thread Information