X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pag_ibig
    • Nov 2006

Digital Video Converter/Conversion

Hello,

I'm a total newbie and i don't know where to go. I have a lot of questions and i hope somebody could help me or somebody could point me to the right direction.

I need to do the following and i totally don't have any clue how and what i need to achieve it.

1. I need to convert videos to digital format. Some of the videos are in black and white. These are films from my country and we already have the proper permission/rights to distribute/edit/convert these films. Some of the films according to boss is still in a 35mm format whatever that means.

2. We heard that there is an equipment needed, and we are willing to invest on such an equipment. But we need to know how much the equipment costs and what exactly is that equipment?

3. We are willing to hire people to do the conversion, but is it necessary or will I be able to do so?

4. We want to improve the sound of these films, can we do so?

In short, what do i need? Cost so far is not a problem. We just need to basically get an idea what we need and how much it will cost. That way if we go to the 'experts', we know we are getting a fair price for their equipment/services.

Thank you all.
  • RFBurns
    To Infinity And Byond
    • May 2006

Howdy!

Well it sounds like you need the services of a professional film transfer outfit. Not many individuals have a 35 mm film projector or color-timer cinescope unit.

Most likely the films would be transfered to a digital format first, then seperate the resulting video and audio and process these elements independantly. Then recombine them into a final digital medium..ie DVD.

I dont have a clue what it would cost, but I can tell you that the piece of gear necessary to get the 35 mm 24 frame per second film to digital is not something you would invest in unless you have hords of 35 mm films to transfer to make the unit pay for itself. Those things can run well over 100 grand or so, perhaps alot more with the support equipment.

I would do some searching on the net and find a company that does these things on a regular basis. I believe it would be far more cost effective to contract a company that does this than to try to invest in the necessary gear.

Good hunting!

Here..I will fix it!

Sony Digital Video and Still camera CCD imager service

MCM Video Stabalizer

Comment

Working...