Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dendo20
    • Nov 2006

Drive doesn't recognise dvd-r

I recently installed (then uninstalled) a version of Roxio Easy CD DVD Burning software. After some problems, I returned the software (Yes, I convinced the retailer that it didn't work). I bought Media Now CD & DVD Burning suite. Works fine EXCEPT that now (maybe Roxio's fault) my drive doesn't recognize DVD-Rs, not even discs I had burned with this drive two weeks ago. Any help would be appreciated so that I can once again burn dvd-r discs.
  • locoeng
    Who Farted?
    • Dec 2005

Run Roxio Zap to try and remove Rixios tentacles from your computer.

Reboot...run Ccleaner.

CCleaner is the number-one tool for cleaning your PC. It protects your privacy and makes your computer faster and more secure! Download it FREE today.

Probably won't cure your inability to read the DVD's you have already burned, but may clear up the recognition of DVD's in your drive.

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person. It's not fair to you and no challenge for us."
    Walt Kelly

Comment

• Chewy
      Super Moderator
      • Nov 2003

welcome to the forum

you've probably made the mess that roxio made worse with that other software, not very well known at all.

uninstall it too and then let's see if nero can fix it, they have a free driver cleaner tool

I would see if the retailer would take back that new software and see if he has a dvd burner that comes with nero(best way to buy it)

Comment

Working...
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎