Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Complete
    • Dec 2005

InstallShield

Has anyone had any experience with Installshield?
  • soup
    Just Trying To Help
    • Nov 2005

Yes.

Comment

• Complete
      • Dec 2005

Have you ever installed a program and then when you uninstall, it keeps the files behind. Or does not do the uninstallation at all? What causes this and what can be done to make sure your computer is clean of the files?

Comment

• gs47
        • Oct 2005

You can google for software removal programs to use instead of the Windows Add/Remove. There are plenty.

Here is a useful tool; CCleaner

It's small and has several very useful functions. It has an add/remove utility and also a registry cleaner after removing programs if needed. This may be why you've experienced some problems is that some entries are left behind in the registry.
        I would suggest just using the default settings for the registry cleaner. The advanced settings could get you into trouble unless you have expertise in this area.

Read the info and decide for yourself. I've used this one for a couple of years and been very pleased. It's free and effective.

Comment

• uufta
          Digital Video Expert
          Digital Video Expert
          • Dec 2005

Originally Posted by Complete
          Have you ever installed a program and then when you uninstall, it keeps the files behind. Or does not do the uninstallation at all? What causes this and what can be done to make sure your computer is clean of the files?
          If you are still talking about InstallShield, try this

Product documentation, news, licensing information, support groups, and user resources for InstallShield

Good old Macrovision, UGH!

Comment

• Spoonie
            • Mar 2007

Originally Posted by gs47
            You can google for software removal programs to use instead of the Windows Add/Remove. There are plenty.

Here is a useful tool; CCleaner

It's small and has several very useful functions. It has an add/remove utility and also a registry cleaner after removing programs if needed. This may be why you've experienced some problems is that some entries are left behind in the registry.
            I would suggest just using the default settings for the registry cleaner. The advanced settings could get you into trouble unless you have expertise in this area.

Read the info and decide for yourself. I've used this one for a couple of years and been very pleased. It's free and effective.

CCleaner is a must have program!

Comment

• Dan
              Digital Video Master
              Digital Video Master
              • Dec 2005

Windows Installer CleanUp Utility is handy sometimes as well.

@uufta

Good call, as I scrolled down the link you provided, I noticed step one is to install the same thing,lol. Just looked at it a little late.

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎