Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: curious problem

Default curious problem

I tried to back up my copy of Airplane reg1 but altho it copied the full movie it would'nt go past 1 min. 44 secs using rip it,fixvts etc.
    I then used shrink on its own and it made a perfect working copy! i have read somewhere on this forum that this can happen with older disc's but i could'nt find the thread.
    Being paranoid i then tried Da Vinci Code reg2,Over the Hedge r1,X men3 r2,Cars r1 which all worked perfectly,this is making me very confused but their is a nagging feeling that this has already been covered.
    On another point the only time i have the parsing error code something about could'nt read some sector was when i selected the wrong burner.

Queen of Digital Video
    Queen of Digital Video

Hello,
    Can yu post the ripit4me logs for the one that you are having trouble with please?

Not a god of digital video blutach's Avatar

When you say it wouldn't go past 1min 44 seconds, what exactly do you mean? Is this playback of a burned DVD? Or the encoding with DVD Shrink? Or the rip failed?

If playback, read and implement the Golden Rules of Burning.

Regards

Default problem

Sorry about the confusion,it was playback i meant.If i start the copy but then jump to any chapter past the point where it ceases to play, the movie will play to the end.
    I will try to post the log tomorrow as it is way my bedtime! thanks for the replies.

King of Digital Video
    King of Digital Video

sound like burning or media issue not ripit

Default problem

I have used Datawrite-r 8x and Sony- RWx2 speed, i have never burned any faster than 4x, indeed with the -rw disc only at 2 speed.
    What i can't understand is as my previous reply why does it do such a fantastic job on discs that should give it problems. Anyway i am now going to try to find out the problem if i crack it i'll let you know.cheers

Default problem

Not 100% cetain why this was moved but i will bow to Blutach's superior knowledge,the guy certainly know's what he is talking about.
    I don't if the 2 are related but i discovered i had 2 instance's of ripit running on the pc after deleting one, airplane copied and played on my home cinema player perfectly from beginning to end. Coincidence or cause i don't know but i think now problem solved.

Thread Information