X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hue983
    • Dec 2005

Problem burning with memorex 16x dvd+r disk

Hello,
    I just purchased 100pks of Memorex 16x dvd+r disk. When I tried to burn my backup dvd it will not burn. Memorex dvd came with remainder than I should update my device driver. I am currently using Sony Dvd Rw Dw-26a. I did not update my driver at beginning. I was not able to burn any data with memorex; however, I was able to burn data successfully than when I tried to play with powerdvd I received Error Code: 8004027a: Dvd-video playback graph building failed. I tried again than I received I/O error during the burning process. I dowloaded current firmware for my Sony dvd+rw drive. When I tried to burn data again this time it failed to write any data. My dvd drive just keep on running. I had to end burning process (using DVD decrypter than Imageburn) through ctrl+alt+Del. I don't know how to retrieve log? Finally, I tried different media. Maxwell's dvd+rw disk and I was able to burn my backup dvd. I read horrible stories regarding bad quality regarding Memorex and I suspect Memorex is the source of problem. However, I still have 90 unused Memorex 16x disks is there anyways to burn data? I really don't want to waste it.
    Have a nice Thanksgiving.
  • NightTran
    King of Digital Video
    King of Digital Video
    • Aug 2005

you can return them, some store will take them back, otherwise use for coffee cup holder, Chrismas tree decoration would not be bad idea ( I would not burn them because they will go bad after a short term any way)

If you are from Hue then you know where I am from, I am not teasing anything, that is true what I want to say

cheer
    Last edited by NightTran; 24 Nov 2006, 02:50 PM. Reason: just second thought
    sigpic

Comment

• Dan
      Digital Video Master
      Digital Video Master
      • Dec 2005

For the ImgBurn log go to Tools>Settings>Events> (Check) Save the Log. It will also show you where it is being saved for reference.

I agree with Night don't count on them as they aren't good quality media IMO.
      You can use them but just know they may not be reliable.
      Also you should look at RipIt4Me when backing up your DVD's as DVDD alone can't rip most of the newer movies alone.
      Last edited by Dan; 24 Nov 2006, 11:37 AM.

Comment

• Hue983
        • Dec 2005

Dan and Night I appericate your comment it was helpful.
        P.S. I am also fan of the Night Court. I am big fan of Harry b/c I admire his compassion, common sense, and silly tricks; my kind of judge.

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎