X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mjolnir_53
    • Nov 2006

Frustrated need help/advice with video files

Hello to everyone in the forum 1st time posting

I have reatively old videos of my grandchildren - want to preserve them on DVD - have a DVD -R/W - bought ATI all in wonder 2006 installed no problem

hooked up a borrowed video camera and VCR - transfered the files to my HD

tried to save the files as AVI - ran out of HD space - saved the files as MPEG

Tried to burn to DVD using Roxio - failed - computer friend suggested dump Roxio use Nero - bought version 7 - installed - updated - burned - failed

Guy at computer store suggested dump Nero use Sony Platinum best there is - does everything - faster than a speeding bullet - leaps tall buildings in a single bound ... anyway - bought Sony installed - burned - failed

have spent ton o' money on this.......

All the files a 'watchable' on the computer with no apparent problem - now I don't know what to do - I was hoping to improve the quality of the video before I made the DVD's now would be happy just to burn them

Any and all suggestions/links to guides be most appreciated

thank you all for the excellent web site - trying to learn as I read
  • photo_angel2004
    Queen of Digital Video
    Queen of Digital Video
    • Jan 2004

Hello and welcome to the forum,

I dont know how larg your hard drive is but for this type of project you want to have at least 30 gigs free.

Here is a guide that I found very usefull:

If your able to save the video as mpeg you may want to try nero to make a video cd. But the quality will not be anywhere near as good as it will converting from .AVI to DVD like in that guide.

IMGburn ** ** Nero 6.6.0.18 **Intelli Type Pro 6.1 **

Comment

• Chizzmo
      Gold Member
      Gold Member
      • Nov 2005

The guide Photo Angel gave to you is a great one but I would like to know when you tried Nero what type of disc exactly did you try to burn it as. I know that Nero does have its problems but if you have a MPEG file you should be able to open Nero Startsmart>Photo and Video>Make Video CD and/or Make Super Video CD both of which need to be MPEG file, so that should work for you.
      Chizzmo

Cheers

Comment

Working...
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎