X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ste699
    • May 2002

Audio Sync due to Codac

Hello,

I have a number of Divx files encoded using DVDx (1.6). This programme works fine and the files play back ok unless you pause or fastward the movie. The audio will then go out of sync by 3-4 seconds. Using V1.9 of DVDx (Lame codac for audio) has solved this problem on the new stuff, but i'm still stuck with the old files.

I beleive the problem lies in the old codac i was using not sticking to the correct bit rate?

Is there anyway to re-encode the audio portion of the files, to get around the sync problem??

Thanks
  • techno
    Digital Video Master
    Digital Video Master
    • Nov 2001

look at my guide (method 2)

Get the latest version of DVDx (links on the page)

(or www.divx-digest.com/software)

use radium codec as MP3.

But look at my guide, many people recommend it although it is aimed for newbies and step by step procedure.

Techno

Comment

• ste699
      • May 2002

Wow i've fixed it, just in case anyone else is having the same trouble, heres what i did.

1. download Nandub and install
      2. Get the avi you want to fix and select direct stream processing for the video, and full processing mode for the audio
      3. Under compression select none (PCM)
      4. save as avi file, this takes about 2-3 mins and will produce a large file (600mb = 1.2Gb approx)

now this file works ok, but is too big

5. load the new file into Nandub
      6. just change compression (audio) to mp3 and select 128kbs or what ever you want
      7. now save te file as avi again (takes about 14mins)
      8. play the file, it should sync perfectly if you fast foward ect... and be more or less the same size as the original file

Bingo

Comment

Working...
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎