X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hue983
    • Dec 2005

Power Calibration Area Error/ Session Fixation Error

Hello,
    After upgrading firmware for my Sony Dvd+rw burning has been inconsitenet. I get error messages like power calibration area error, session fixation error. I had no problems prior to firmware upgrade. I am using same media (Sony DVD+r disc) which worked fine prior to update. Did I cause unintentional damage to driver during update? Is my driver is dying? However, I was able to burn with using Maxwell DVD+rw disc. I don't know why I can't get consistent burn without errors. Below is information regarding dvd+rw drive and I attached logs for imgburn DvdDecrypter for last two burns. I tried burning with slower speed

SONY DVD RW DW-D26A JYS2 (ATA)
    Current Profile: DVD+R

Disc Information:
    Erasable: No
    Free Sectors: 2,295,104
    Free Space: 4,700,372,992 bytes
    Free Time: 510:03:29 (MM:SS:FF)
    Supported Write Speeds: 6x, 8x, 12x, 16x

Physical Format Information (ADIP):
    Disc ID: SONY-D21-00
    Book Type: DVD+R
    Part Version: 1
    Disc Size: 120mm
    Maximum Read Rate: Not Specified
    Number of Layers: 1
    Track Path: Parallel Track Path (PTP)
    Linear Density: 0.267 um/bit
    Track Density: 0.74 um/track
    First Physical Sector of Data Area: 196,608
    Last Physical Sector of Data Area: 2,491,711
    Last Physical Sector in Layer 0: 0

Physical Format Information (Last Recorded):
    Disc ID: SONY-D21-00
    Book Type: DVD+R
    Part Version: 1
    Disc Size: 120mm
    Maximum Read Rate: Not Specified
    Number of Layers: 1
    Track Path: Parallel Track Path (PTP)
    Linear Density: 0.267 um/bit
    Track Density: 0.74 um/track
    First Physical Sector of Data Area: 196,608
    Last Physical Sector of Data Area: 2,491,711
    Last Physical Sector in Layer 0: 0
    Is there way to undo firmware update?
    Thanks and good night.
    Attached Files
  • Chewy
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2003

your computer might be having problems or the drive is failing

the rw burn would have been at a slower speed

there's also the possibility you corrupted the firmware during the flash, your dvd burner is slaved to an inferior rom drive?

did you flash from safe mode?

Comment

• Hue983
      • Dec 2005

Chew,
      I don't think my computer is having problems.(What kind of problems?) I flashed firmware update from regular computting setting and maybe running background applications such as AVP, Zonealarm, and counterspy. My DVD+rw drive is primary drive and I have dvd+rom drive as a secondary, how is possible my rw drive became slave to rom drive? Is so what should I do? If problems are caused by corrupted firmware update what should I do? How do I find out rw is slave to inferior rom drive and what should I do to remedy the problem? Thanks Chew for your advice and if you have further questions feel free to contact me. Hope to hear from you soon.

Comment

• Hue983
        • Dec 2005

Proper way to upgrade firmware

Chew,
        What is proper way for firmware update? If my driver is corrupted while flashing could I download firmaware update and flash again in proper way? Can I go back to original setting (prior to firmware upgrade and how?) The reason I upgrade my firmware is that I recently purchased Memorex disc spindle(what a mistake) also had note you should upgrade to lasted firmware or disc might not work. That is why I upgraded firmware. What are the signs of driver failing?

Comment

• Chewy
          Super Moderator
          • Nov 2003

you may have some non standard ide drivers

the nero info tool might give us some clues

it's best to flash from safe mode so problematic ide drivers and backgound programs don't load
          Last edited by Chewy; 11 Dec 2006, 07:17 AM.

Comment

• blutach
            Not a god of digital video
            • Oct 2004

Try flashing back down and see if that helps. Check IDE cables, DMA etc.

Also, see http://forum.digital-digest.com/showthread.php?t=57052

Regards
            Last edited by blutach; 11 Dec 2006, 07:45 AM.
            Les

Essential progs - [PgcEdit] [VobBlanker] [MenuShrink] [IfoEdit] [Muxman] [DVD Remake Pro] [DVD Rebuilder] [BeSweet] [Media Player Classic] [DVDSubEdit] [ImgBurn]

Media and Burning - [Golden Rules of Burning] [Media quality] [Fix your DMA] [Update your Firmware] [What's my Media ID Code?] [How to test your disc]
            [What's bitsetting?] [Burn dual layer disks safely] [Why not to burn with Ner0] [Interpret Ner0's burn errors] [Got bad playback?] [Burner/Media compatibility]

Cool Techniques - [2COOL's guides] [Clean your DVD] [Join a flipper] [Split into 2 DVDs] [Save heaps of Mb] [How to mock strip] [Cool Insert Clips]

Real useful info - [FAQ INDEX] [Compression explained] [Logical Remapping of Enabled Streams] [DVD-Replica] [Fantastic info on DVDs]

You should only use genuine Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden media. Many thanks to www.pcx.com.au for their supply and great service.

Explore the sites and the programs - there's a gold mine of information in them

Don't forget to play the Digital Digest Quiz!!! (Click here)

Comment

• Hue983
              • Dec 2005

Nero Infotool result

Chewy and Blutach,
              Thanks for your advice. I followed Chewy's advice and suprise to find out my dvd+rw drive was slave rather than master. What did you (Chewy) meant when you said I might have non-standard ide drive? Blutach suggested I should flash drive again. I am considering that option as a last choice. I have attached results of Nero Infotool. Infotool is really great. Also, having Sony DVd+rw drive as a slave drive really matter? How do I change master and slave drive?
              If you have further questions or advice, contact me and keep great advice coming.
              Thanks again.
              Attached Files

Comment

• Hue983
                • Dec 2005

I forgot to mention one important thing. Blutach suggested that I should try flashing back. However, I don't know I to flash back to prior firmware update; also where can I find a prior firmware? DMA is on

Comment

• Chewy
                  Super Moderator
                  • Nov 2003

I would unhook the cd-rom drive, they are worthless today and just going to cause problems, put the dvd burner at the end of the cable and change the jumper to master

reflash from safe mode with drive empty

the slysoft stuff shouldn't be started till you need it and shutdown afterwards

there are some bad drivers running on your system also, sonic, gear, alcohol?
                  unmount any virtual drives before trying to burn again

Comment

• Hue983
                    • Dec 2005

Thank for your advice Chewy.

Comment

• Hue983
                      • Dec 2005

Still Not working

Hello Chwey,
                      I followed most of your advice. I change Dvd+rw to master setting and unistalled Alchol and slysoft. However, I was not able to unmount virtual driver after uninstalled of Alchol. I used a system restore and slysoft and Alchol is restored as well. I am going to unistall again. I dowload moutvd software from the Internet, but I was not able to unmount it. I also kept dvd-rom drive as a slave rather than unconnect it. I am also having problems using Roxio 9. I can't burn data. I get a error message saying, Power calibration error and other errors with for digit numbers
                      saying like [xx/xx/xx]. However, I was still able to burn with my maxwell dvd+rw. Other disc just fail. I will attach new versio of nero info result and imgburn log. DvdDecrypter doesn't even work anymore. There was nothing wrong with ide cables. I think my drive is dying and considering about getting new rw driver. Do you have any suggestion for ide rw drive, with in price range from $30-60. Also, how to unmount virtual driver? I also reflashed the firmware in safemode. I still get similar errors.
                      Thank you for all the suggestions.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Working...