X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • KETAN
    • May 2002

Horizontal lines in image

Hi,
    I have backed up couple of DVDs with the help of DVD2svcd build 1. The encoder I have been using is Tmpgenc...bit faster.
    Now yesterday I installed DVD2svcd build 2 and tried to back up my "SHREK" movie dvd.
    In movements of characters in svcd I am getting horizontle distortion in form of lines.
    Say a character raised hand then it moves in such distorted frames, in lines, then it becomes complete picture and stabilises.
    It does not appear in case of still pictures. Such lines are not appearing in the original DVD.
    Is it "build 2" issue or something I am missing in Tmpgenc settings.
    Thanks
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

Sounds like you have to select "deinterlacing" somewhere in your conversion (either in DVD2SVCD or TMPGenc)...

Comment

• KETAN
      • May 2002

Hi,
      Thanks for the tip. INFACT it turned out to be an issue of dinterlacing. I had kept it NO INTERLACING whereas it needed one. There is a beautiful feature in dvd2svcd on "conversion" that you can have a preview the stills.
      I kept smartinterlacing and it worked.
      There were 5-6 interlacing options. Which one should I work with or stick to smartinterlacing?
      Thanks once again for solving my issue...
      ketan

Comment

• KETAN
        • May 2002

Would you like to refine the deinterlacing bit further?
        Should I stick to smartinterlacing or try something else?
        Thanks
        KETAN

Comment

• setarip
          Retired
          • Dec 2001

You should feel free to experiment, after all that's why alternatives exist...

Comment

Working...