Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • budgirl357
    • May 2002

AVI to VCD MPEG - [COLOR=deeppink]HELP!"[/COLOR

I am a serious newbie looking for some advice from one of you pros. I have several downloaded AVI and MPEG clips that I would like to make into vcds but I am having problems. I looked to the guide that I found here called "Divx to VCD MPEG" and attempted to follow it, but after a while I ran into this message: "Couldn't locate decompressor for format 'Dx50' (unknown) virtualdub requires a video for windows (vfw) compatible codec to decomptess video. direct show codecs, such as those used by windows media player, are not suitable."
    Now, does this mean that I am working with the wrong type of file? Upon checking properties of the file it says "AVI Clip". I have tried referring to guides here and elsewhere but most are for experienced poeople. Where does a beginner start? Hopefully one of you pros out thee will remember when you were a newbie and give me a hand?

Thanks in Advance,
    budgirl357
    HELP!"
  • cheftaz
    • Apr 2002

Have you downloaded divx5.01 bundle? also divx3.11 alpha. There is also a great newbie guide at www.vcdhelp.com
    And use tmpgenc to encode it is the best and freeware
    Feathery fudge chocolate cake with white chocolate and pistachio buttercream!

Comment

• UncasMS
      Super Moderator
      • Nov 2001

divx 5.0 2 has been released lately so better use the most recent version!

Comment

Working...
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎