Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

absolutely best(quality) avi to dvd converter..

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • phatty033
    • Apr 2006

ok ill try your suggestions once i have time..but on the plus side the video that came out..the quality was excellent. oh and convertxtodvd is horrible if you want quality..there's no settings to change to bit rate or anything..but if you want a simple program i guess that would work...anyways ill give your suggestion a shot and let you kno how it turns out.....thanks dude

Comment

• Chewy
      Super Moderator
      • Nov 2003

I have been experimenting with this free program, I am impressed for something still in the developmental stages,

Comment

• shawn2333
        • Aug 2010

My God Columbo are you trying to frustrate phatty, this is nuts, ok I am going to tell anyone following that insanity exactly what to do to get those results in a few short steps..For a beginner or just non-expert, forget any of those apps that make you select every option. I will give you 2 simple options, both produce great results, one just does it a little faster, but both are fast.
        Option 1:
        ------------------------------
        Apllications needed: Spamsoft DVD Creator
        This is the easiest way to go, and the resulting DVD still looks great. All you have to do is drag the avi into the window, goto tools->preferences and make sure aspect ration is set to 16:9, choose NTSC if American, or PAL for European, video quality is set to high, resize method is letterbox, and I would check skip menu, this application doesn't produce very nice menus so it's best to just skip then and go straight to your movie, you only have to setup these preferences once, after that you don't have to do it again. Now insert your DVD-R and click the orange burn button. Done, so the next time you use it, the only steps will be drag avi and burn. encoding takes about 45-50 min for most movies.

Option 2:
        -------------------------------
        Applications needed: WinAvi Video Converter, ImgBurn

Open WinAvi Video Converter, click DVD, select the avi you want to use, and for options click advanced and setup the same settings I gave for Spamsoft above, 16:9, higher quality, and you can setup the chapter length. Pick the destination folder and this is where it will put the VIDEO_TS folder. Now when it is done, and encoding goes faster with this program, usually 30 min for most movies, now when it's done open ImgBurn, select Mode->Build and just select the VIIDEO_TS folder you created with WinAvi. Under options make sure ISO9660+UDF is selected, insert the DVD-R, click burn, done.

Both options are very fast, while producing a high quality DVD video, hope this helped.

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎