Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • zolik
    • May 2002

Embeding DIVX into html

I want to use divX embeded into an html web page instead of playing it through the player can this be done? Could anyone point me to the right direction. many thanx.
    z.
  • UncasMS
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2001

using a seach engine can do a good job sometimes

e.g. google

Comment

• Enchanter
      Old member
      • Feb 2002

That's going to take a hell lot of time to load that page, especially for the 56K-ers. Wouldn't using animated gif files be a better idea?

Comment

• UncasMS
        Super Moderator
        • Nov 2001

what exactly do you mean, enchanter?

Comment

• Enchanter
          Old member
          • Feb 2002

I want to use divX embeded into an html web page instead of playing it through the player can this be done? Could anyone point me to the right direction. many thanx.
          I am assuming that visitors who open the page will be able to view the embedded DivX file(s). Knowing that we rarely ever see DivX files below 3-5MB, let alone 1MB, it will take ages for those on a 56K connection to load up the page. In my opinion, animated gif files will do the job better and at smaller file sizes. Also, the DivX codec will have to be installed in the system. Not all web surfers are aware of the DivX revolution, let alone having the codec installed in their system. Compatibility will be an issue there.

Comment

Working...