Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Eddie1506
    • Jun 2006

Incompatible Disc And Decoder Regions

I'm having some problems with playing DVDs on Windows Vista Business RTM.

I have a decrypted DVD with region/macrovision protection removed and I'm trying to play it with Media Player Classic using latest FFDShow.

All I get is the message "Incompatible Disc And Decoder Regions". I tried changing codec for MPEG2 in MPC and FFDShow, but that didn't help.

Same combination (MPC + latest FFDShow + same movie) worked flawlessly in WinXP.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
    Last edited by Eddie1506; 31 Jan 2007, 04:55 AM.
  • Eilonwy05
    • Mar 2008

Almost identical problem here, I have the files from a decrypted DVD in a VIDEO_TS folder, again Region Free/macrovision removed, and have tried the same things as Eddie1506 with no success. I have also opened the VIDEO_TS.IFO in ifoEdit and confirmed that it is indeed Region Free.

One thing I looked at after a little more Googling, is that my files are stored on an external USB drive -- I don't have space on my internal drives right now to test if they work there, but others have been having this issue when the files were stored on a USB or Firewire drive. Could this be the issue? Who knows.

Hoping someone can help with this...
    Last edited by Eilonwy05; 6 Mar 2008, 12:46 PM. Reason: More info added.

Comment

• APOLLOSTEES
      • Mar 2008

I figured this out. I have Vista and I had UAC (User Account Control) turned off. For some reason if UAC is off Vista has problems reading DVD content off of an external hard drive.

I know, it seems like one wouldn't have anything to do with the other, but, I turned it on and it statred working perfectly. Give it a try.

Comment

• aposter
        • Dec 2012

@ APOLLOSTEES Well done! That solved it for me too. What a weird interaction that is between UAC and DVD's not playing off an external harddrive.

Registered just to confirm it solved my problems and thank you for the tip!

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎