Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Grakus
    • May 2002

Macrovision on VIDEO-IN with AIW Radeon 7500

Rather than a VIDEO OUT problem with my Radeon 7500, I'm having a VIDEO IN problem with macrovision.

I have a VCR hooked into my S-video IN on my Radeon. When I play professionally recorded (copy protected) videotapes on my PC, I get macrovision (light, dark, light, dark).

Note, I'm not even trying to capture. I get macrovision while just trying to WATCH video! Quite annoying, especially since my older All-in-Wonder PRO didn't pick up macrovision at all with this same VCR.

I really hope someone out there can help me with this problem. I'm pulling my hair out. Much thanks in advance.

Grakus
  • GaryW
    • May 2002

You may want to try re-naming ATITVo.dll, that fixed my tv out macrovision, but I've got a Sima CC for the inbound stuff so I'm not sure if it kills macrovision in...

Comment

• GaryW
      • May 2002

Sorry, the file name is ATITVo32.dll in *\system32...

Comment

• jcb46
        • Jun 2002

I tried that option. It didn't work for me. I hooked a DVD player to my computer through my Video-In. I have a ATI Radeon VIVO. I'm trying to capture sequences of film that I really like. If the film is protected by Macrovision... no way; if not, no problem.
        Someone has a solution to disable Macrovision on Video-In?

Comment

• Video Filter
          • Jun 2002

How to Defeat Macrovision

The Video Filter I have designed for some time now, is guaranteed to remove Macrovision Interference. You can check an independent review at http://www.smr-home-theatre.org/Revi...la/index.html. Also a thread at http://www.dvdplusrw.org/cgi/ikonboa...m=1&topic=743. These will give you an idea on the filter's capabilities and reports from very satidfied users.

Max

Comment

• Video Filter
            • Jun 2002

Corrected review site

For some reason, the web address for the filter review did not come out correctly. Here is another try:

Max

Comment

• TiKin
              • Jun 2002

I got the exactly same problem. I have an ATI RADEON 64 DDR VIVO and I record movies from VHS into the computer(SVCD) sometime.

Video sources from VCR Turner or Videos without MACROVISION, then everything is fine.

My first problem with MACROVISION is the picture got stuck and kept repeating. I used the patch call "DisableATIMacrovisionDetection" and it works.

Second problem with MACROVISION is the movie changing light ->dark->light->dark through out whole movie. Movie still can be watch. The LIGHT/DARK problem changes in about 15 sec and it is not that bad but very annoying.

I have done alot of searches for this problem but without any luck.

I guess the only solution is some hardware call Sima CC or something like that?

Comment

• Video Filter
                • Jun 2002

Video Filter Solution

Tikin,

The solution to your problem is not the SIMA, it is the Video Filter described above. Check it out.

Max

Comment

• bpoelstra
                  • Apr 2005

I have the latest v6.14.10.6300 (NSP) and v6.14.10.6246 (SP) hacked drivers to bypass the macrovision detection. These WILL enable capturing of macrovision protected analog sources.

Email me at bpoelstra@comcast.net

BBB

Comment

• setarip
                    Retired
                    • Dec 2001

To bpoelstra

Welcome to the DigitalDigest forums!

I know you are trying to provide meaningful assistance with your first post here - but I can't help but wonder if you aware that ypu are responding to postings that are almost three years old?

Comment

• bpoelstra
                      • Apr 2005

Re: To bpoelstra

Thanks for the welcome.

Even though this thread is almost three years old. It is still a current issue for many with ATI VIVO products.

I sent the time hacking the drivers and was completely successful. Just figured I would let them know.

BBB

Comment

Working...