X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LT. Columbo
    Demigod of Digital Video
    • Nov 2004

Originally Posted by ratboy
    Here is a Guide for Super, not sure how good.

May be of some help.
    nice find, best one i've seen yet.
    "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
    Columbo moments...
    "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
    "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
    (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• vash
      Gold Member
      Gold Member
      • May 2005

thanks ratboy.

i just got an error when trying to convert two avi. files i had joined sucessfuly with virtualdub. also when adding dvd vob files, they finish as separate files. i'm creating movies for my zune player so i prefer one movie file and not separate parts. im doing it trial and error style, but if anybodys got some pointers....? thanks.

Comment

• hsoftwaremaster
        softwaremaster.awardspace .com
        • Feb 2007

I think Virtual Dub is the best if you are working with AVIs, I use other programs for other formats only

Comment

• Westly32
          • Jun 2006

I've been having trouble even downloading the new version. The older version has been giving me problems-a repeated video studder throughout each encode. Used it regularly with no major problem. I decided to check for any plugins or updates to see if the problem could be corrected. I go to the homepage, and click the link to download and am returned to the homepage. There is this message..
          To download from this site without looping back to the same page you need to:
          Enable your JavaScript, clear your MSIE cache, do not block your http_referrer (with ZoneAlarm or similar), do not use proxy.
          Queries concerning this issue will not be answered. We do not know any other answer to give.
          I've done all that, but still can't reach the download page. Anybody got any suggestions?

Comment

• LT. Columbo
            Demigod of Digital Video
            • Nov 2004

will this link work?
            "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
            Columbo moments...
            "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."

Comment

• Westly32
              • Jun 2006

^^Oh yes, it did, thank you very much.

Comment

• LT. Columbo
                Demigod of Digital Video
                • Nov 2004

good. SUPER's download method sucks. gotta jump through hoops...
                Last edited by LT. Columbo; 4 May 2007, 09:52 PM.
                Columbo moments...

Comment

• Westly32
                  • Jun 2006

Ugh, the new version is giving me the same headaches that the older one did, plus a few more. After playing hide and go seek with trying to download it-the file of it was corrupted and wouldn't install, but it did activate the Help section's website, which took me to a page that explained why it wouldn't install, and contained several other links to the software...
                  After finally getting it installed, there is a long lagtime in loading files to encode-the older version would instantly load the encode list.
                  I still .got the video studder on files that were encoded. After constant fiddling, I managed to land on the right setting to smooth out the video, but then the audio goes out of sync!
                  I then get the audio in sync, but the resulting video is poor!
                  I can find no combination that gives me good video with no audio lag.

As I mentiomned earlier, I used SUPER for months with no problem encoding simple Win Media files and others to formats that worked with by dvd authoring software. I have no clue either what .I'm doing wrong, or what could be causing the problem.

Comment

• reikobunny
                    • Nov 2009

Originally Posted by LT. Columbo
                    do you meet all the other system requirements in the list?

# One of the following OS: Windows© 98 (second edition), Windows© ME (final release)
                    Windows© 2000, Windows© XP, Windows© 2003.
                    SUPER©.v2007.build.21(Jan.4,2007) is NOT suitable to run in a Windows emulator environment like WINE or similar
                    # Full admin rights within an admin session (for NTkernel OS).
                    # At least 1800 MHz Intel® Pentium4 processor or equivalent. (64-bit CPU not supported)
                    # 512MB of RAM or more.
                    # 20GB of free Hard disk space or more.
                    # 1024 x 768 video resolution or larger.
                    # 32,000-color video or more.
                    # IE 5.5 or later.
                    # Internet connection.

note: after you change the resolution, i believe you will have to uninstall and re-install again.
                    Could someone post a work around for changing the resolution (I'm on a netbook and can't go higher than 1024 x 600 (It's not an option. Period.) or at least post a link to an older version, as I've never had this problem before the new version.

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎